What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-responsive touch screen

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, sorry I haven't been around for a long time. I actually sold my iPad 2 a few months back (single mum, skint!) but having just got a new job I ordered a new one which arrived yesterday.

As soon as I had set it up, I downloaded iOS 6. After a couple of hours playing with much loved and missed apps, and arranging it to how I wanted it, my screen froze for about three minutes. When I say freeze, the slide unlock refused to work but the 3G signal was visibly changing, and if I pressed the home key it exposed the volume controls quite happily, and if I pressed it twice I could see all open apps. I could even hear my emails arriving! So I did a had reset, nothing. Then, all of a sudden, after three mins, it worked fine. I thought it was just one of those things.

So today, I was out for interviews etc as I would like a better job, and I took the iPad. I used it all day with no problems. I got home though, and made a cuppa, and sat down to have some iPad fun. But to my dismay, the same thing happened again! Only this time, nothing would work. I hard reset it about ten times. I rang Apple, who were great, and talked me through a few things before we did a complete restore. (As it was new, all my stuff was in iCloud anyway). We did the restore, and when the guy said now slide the unlock key and follow the set up instructions, the screen was completely unresponsive! He explained that this was a definite hardware issue. I said but it was fine this morning! He said there must have been a pre-existing fault which was flung up when I downloaded iOS 6, and there was nothing to be done but sort a replacement.

So my new iPad will be here either tomorrow or the next day. But what if this happens again?

Also, I bought a Logitech keyboard case. Could that have caused a hardware error? I'm kind of not expecting a solution, I'm just letting you all know about this issue really.

;-)

Thanks!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 6 has a exceptionally long set of bugs and issues. You should've stuck with the stock iOS if it was iOS 5.X. You can try using Bluetooth accessories to bypass it like the keyboard you have or a Bluetooth touch pad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Milliebert

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I couldn't get the keyboard to work at all because I couldn't open an app.

So would you advise keeping it on whatever iOS it's on when the replacement comes?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Milliebert said:
Thanks. I couldn't get the keyboard to work at all because I couldn't open an app.

So would you advise keeping it on whatever iOS it's on when the replacement comes?

That's up to you. There is the chance, however, that your replacement iPad will come with iOS 6 pre-loaded, as it's been almost a month since iOS 6 was released.

Most reactions

Latest posts