What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No videos found on ipad even though they're on itunes

durangojim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the last hour I've been trying to transfer ripped movies to the ipad. Sometimes they show up, and then I add one more and when I hit the video app on the ipad it says no videos found, even though they show they've been downloaded to the ipad on itunes. If I delete one of the vids, then the rest show up in the app and if I try to dl the "problem" vid later to the ipad, it might show up, then some other vid might cause them all to not be recognized. Any ideas?

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are your videos in the video folder on your pc ? I throw all my videos in that folder and it syncs perfectly

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So it's a particular video causing the problem? Might be corrupt somehow?

OP
D

durangojim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No particular video, really wierd. I just wound up turning off the iPad and the computer and then started over again and everything is working fine now.

kanab ram

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's responses. I had saved them to a subfolder under My Videos folder. I moved them directly under the parent folder, tried re-syncing and the received a similar message:

"Some of the videos were not copied to the HP_Administrator's iPad because they cannot be played on this iPad"

There's an Apple store near my office so I may ask them if they know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The easiest method is to jailbreak ur ipad. Then get the ifile app from cydia. Its the priemer file explorer for ipad. U can see all the internal files and add files or vids. To wherever or the appropriate place of ur choice. With ifiles, itunes is no longer needed. U can download movies straight from the website( with movie downloader apps). Then use ifiles to put the file into proper app folder thats gonna play the file. Like cinexplayer, vlc player, etc.. Will also aloow u to put vid into the ipad native video folder. But that aonly allows certain formats. Other video players play all sorts of formats like divx, windos media, etc..

Most reactions

Latest posts