What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No power from power button A1474

Techbox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good afternoon!
I recently took in a A1474 that was completely dead, with a request to replace the digitizer and battery. I am only somewhat knowledged in these repairs to be upfront. Since it was dead already I do not know any prior problems. I successfully changed out the batteryafter pulling the digitizer and the LCD. After replacing the battery, I only hooked the LCD backed up, not the new digitizer. As a standard I do that as a test. I pushed the power button and nothing. I then plugged it in and it came right up and it showed it was charging. So obviously my battery replacement was a success. I tried to power it back down with the power button, nope. So, I am not sure what the problem is from here. I know there is a flex cable that runs from the power to the volume control. It does not look damaged, and I am pretty sure I did not disturb it when I had to raise the board next to the battery to remove it. Could have been a prexisting problem or I may have done it, I just don't know. I did try to find a video for the exact model for this cable replacement just in case that was the problem , but did not find the correct one. Thanks in advance = 0

Most reactions

Latest posts