What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No phone ??

sdroadking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What gives with the NO PHONE feature. I was really excited about this until I heard there was no Ipone included in the Ipad .. so everyone still has to carry two devices. Come on, get a clue, build in the phone, Speaker Phone and Blutooth. I will not buy one until it handles both functions. I use my Iphone now as a phone and a computer .. having a bigger Iphone was an exciting idea.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad's plan is not to replace the phone but rather all notebooks. Look for this to happen in 5 to 7 years. Now does anyone complain that their dell latitude 5400 doesn't have a phone? After all it has mobile broadband built in and Windows 7 has all of the capabilities of Windows mobile.

BTW: I like your Avatar!:D:):D:):eek:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad will be able to receive phone call in gen 2

You really want a 10" screen on your phone?

NOT PRACTICAL AS A PHONE.

In fact what ''sdroadking'' are saying is not that bad, but maybe for some use as the 3G have the possibilities to receive and send Phone call it can be not so bad, not for use it as a phone just for give you the chance to receive (or send call) when you are reading E-Book or playing Rayman this possibility can have sense for some use ...

of course you are right is not at all a practical mobile phone device

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I were manufacturing devices like Apple I'd do the same. I'd keep functions separate on each device so people would have to buy them all. I think they already are generous with offering all the possibilities each device already has. Other companies offer even less.

If the iPad was like a phone, then Apple couldn't have gotten it's clients data transfer fees for as low as ATT will offer.

Personnally, I have no interest in cellphones. I have a basic one and never use it more than 5 minutes a month, some times never at all.

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're kidding, right? You really want to carry around a phone the size of book? It's not like you could have both an iPad/Phone and a separate cell phone that shared a number... Though it would be nice. They would have to share the same plan, which isn't going to happen with AT&T, and I think the last thing most people want is multiple cell phones.

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HAHAHA! That would be hilarious if they built a phone into the ipad. Could you imagine how funny it would look to see someone talking into a 10" phone?

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On the other hand if we had a phone in the iPad and a bluetooth ear set it might work for some people, but can't really see myself out cutting wood, hunting, fishing, playing catch with the kids with an iPad on my hip.

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kilted Tim
That would be the best though, if you could buy an iPhone and iPad as a matched synced set and have one contract to use both of them and have the your data with each device. They could do it they just don't want to.

Most reactions

Latest posts