What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No lyrics display in Music App on iOS 5?

friDAY_GC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a MAJOR problem for many musicians, myself included, who use this feature when we are on our gigs instead of having to carry huge binders of lyrics to work. I have just purchased iPad 2 and updated to iOS 5 and while my lyrics will display on iTunes in my computer, they will not display on the Music App in my iPad and there is no option to display lyrics & podcasts like there is in previous versions. PLEASE re-implement the lyrics display feature for us!!! I have already sent feedback to Apple about this as many others have. I would put the feedback link here but this site says I don't have enough posts yet, sorry.

The more people we can rally together to complain about this, the faster I think Apple will respond, uhhh maybe. The strength in numbers thing man lol.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

Charliee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
- Apple Tech support have asked me to use the iPad feedback to get engineer attention on the "no lyrics" problem !!!
- I have done this and, like a lot of people, I hope that Music is released with lyrics (and other bugs fitted) VERY quickly.
- Many potential purchasers of iPads ask my opinion.... I show them good tools but warn them about the very poor Music application.
- I hope Apple engineers get their Music product working or that a fully competent third party application is available.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
- Apple Tech support have asked me to use the iPad feedback to get engineer attention on the "no lyrics" problem !!!
- I have done this and, like a lot of people, I hope that Music is released with lyrics (and other bugs fitted) VERY quickly.
- Many potential purchasers of iPads ask my opinion.... I show them good tools but warn them about the very poor Music application.
- I hope Apple engineers get their Music product working or that a fully competent third party application is available.
Agreed. If you aren't using iTunes Match, Groove for iPad is a good alternative music player however it doesn't address the lyrics issue either. Hopefully Apple will sort this out in the Music App sooner than later.

Last edited:

Charliee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No lyrics on anything!

Agreed. If you aren't using iTunes Match, Groove for iPad is a good alternative music player however it doesn't address the lyrics issue either. Hopefully Apple will sort this out in the Music App sooner than later.

- There does not seem to be any application that shows the lyrics on an iPad that are saved on iTunes on the Mac.
- We have to wait and hope but frustration is increasing every day.
- This must lose Apple their reputation for being so good to trust to work with their user community - This is one of my ongoing selling points for Apple to friends and my consultancy clients.
- Next iPad update could be 29 November according to iTunes. The check for update slips almost every day though!
- I see I added a mistake in my first draft ... I said : " (and other bugs fitted) " and meant " (and other bugs fixed) " Ooops .... :) My apologies

Last edited by a moderator:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
- There does not seem to be any application that shows the lyrics on an iPad that are saved on iTunes on the Mac.
- We have to wait and hope but frustration is increasing every day.
- This must lose Apple their reputation for being so good to trust to work with their user community - This is one of my ongoing selling points for Apple to friends and my consultancy clients.
- Next iPad update could be 29 November according to iTunes. The check for update slips almost every day though!
- I see I added a mistake in my first draft ... I said : " (and other bugs fitted) " and meant " (and other bugs fixed) " Ooops .... :) My apologies
Agreed. As I've said before, the Music App on the iPad should be the "flagship" of all music players. Apple certainly has the ability to make it so...I just hope they don't miss the opportunity.

Most reactions

Latest posts