What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Ipad Pros WWDC it appears

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had hopes for new Ipad Pros (12.9) at WWDC but from all I am reading now, it appears most analysts think it will be only software until Fall. My 12.9 is first gen when only 128 GB was offered first part of year and I need more storage badly. Guess I’ll try to utilize Cloud storage more than I do and my wifi external drive. So—this is just a ‘whine’ I guess LOL. I’ll watch WWDC nonetheless and . I see no point in buying the 2nd gen now—so I’ll hang on until Fall. I mentioned in another thread that I have a Macbook Pro 15” but rarely use it anymore after the 12.9 and especially IOS 11—I so prefer touch and using the Pencil and the ease of moving around with it—rarely sitting at a desk or table (do use a keyboard though sometimes—with the Logitech Slim Combo I just pull it off when I am not using it). Sure would love a surprise though....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While new hardware has been announced at WWDC, the emphasis has always been on software. We'll see the new versions of macOS, watchOS, and iOS as well as the latest from app developers.

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
no new hardware - for now - is disappointing, but I’ll be a happy guy if apple cleans out bad aspects of their software.

I’m so happy with this iPad, I’ll be good for years. :D

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While Apple sometimes announces new iPhone and/or iPads at WWDC, they rarely release them immediately. Most of the time they don’t even anounce it; when they do it’s usually beause there is some software feature they want to announce that won’t make much sense without new hardware to go with it.

Still, there are often nice surpises for iPad users sprinkled among the iOS upadates; so it’s still worth watching the keynote. I always enjoy the show.

Besides, you never know. Apple does not make pre-announcements about what will or won’t be at WWDC. Anything you’ve heard is rumor and speculation. Some of it is based on past shows, some on supply chain leaks, and some on nothing but wishes. There is plenty of room left for surprises.

Or disapointment, if you invest too much anticipation in the rumors.

Last edited:

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yeah..sorta the way Jobs had his “one more thing...”

OP
D

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did watch it—and am really looking forward to IOS12 which will refine 11 even more. Now from all I’m reading it will be worth it to wait for new hardware this Fall. Just read an article that working with RAW photo files is in the first 12 beta (good for me) and noticed the addition in Apple Music of a few additions yesterday so some things to keep us happy in the meantime

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep. Nothing spectacutlar, but some solid updates and interesting feature additions.

At this point, even if the new hardware is little more than speed, camera, and memory bumps, it’s worth waiting for. I’m sure there will be at least a couple of other interesting new features.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep. Nothing spectacutlar, but some solid updates and interesting feature additions.

At this point, even if the new hardware is little more than speed, camera, and memory bumps, it’s worth waiting for. I’m sure there will be at least a couple of other interesting new features.
There could very well be some as yet hidden features that the new devices released this year will make use of.

Most reactions

Latest posts