What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No iOS 8 for Owners of the Original iPad

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
ipad-both-turned.jpg

By now, you already know why iOS 8 is so great and you’re probably looking to download it as soon as possible on your iPhones, iPads or iPods. However, there are some bad news, as well. Being highly praised about fast update cycle for older devices, it seems that this time Apple will make quite a lot of users unhappy. According to Apple, the oldest iPhone model to get iOS 8 will be the iPhone 4s and the oldest iPad will be the iPad 2.

Continue reading @ Sadly, iPhone 4 Owners Won't be Getting the new iOS 8 Version - iPhone Forums

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well they didn't get 6 or 7 so it's obvious that they won't get 8.

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, it never got 6 or 7 so why the surprise it won't get 8?
I'm thinking whoever wrote this article doesn't own an ipad1 and probably never even used one. They probably think it's got a camera.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yea, it never got 6 or 7 so why the surprise it won't get 8?
I'm thinking whoever wrote this article doesn't own an ipad1 and probably never even used one. They probably think it's got a camera.

I think what you said is unnecessary and offending. You crossed the line.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just think it's great to know that the iPad 2 will get this update! Woohoo!!

Thanks Radu!!

I am still waiting for someone to test iOS 8 beta for the iPad 2. I am sure it could work fine in the iPad 2.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for someone to test iOS 8 beta for the iPad 2. I am sure it could work fine in the iPad 2.

I'm thinking the iPad 2 will do just fine with OS8.

After all Apple would have done their due diligence before making this announcement!

I'm just so happy it has made the cut! ;)

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm thinking the iPad 2 will do just fine with OS8.

After all Apple would have done their due diligence before making this announcement!

I'm just so happy it has made the cut! ;)

Huh. Tell that to iPhone 4 users.

The iPad 2 is doing really well. It survived around 5 or 4 OS. And it is still going really good! The iPad 2 is a really good budget tablet!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. Tell that to iPhone 4 users. The iPad 2 is doing really well. It survived around 5 or 4 OS. And it is still going really good! The iPad 2 is a really good budget tablet!

The iPad 2 is a great device!.....it was my first and I will always treasure it!!

Not sure if I like it being called a budget tablet though! ;)

But times have surely changed and I guess you are right!! :)

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hopefully my iPad 3 will survive at least a few more OS's.. I've noticed it start to slow down a little with iOS 7 but it's still chugging along ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully my iPad 3 will survive at least a few more OS's.. I've noticed it start to slow down a little with iOS 7 but it's still chugging along ;) Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

Hi Goofy! I sure hope it does too as my daughter has a 3 also......you would think it would! My iPad 2 is still going good, it is slower and compared to the Air even more so but for what I use it for now, it's great. I still have it on OS 6 and it's good being able to see the differences in features.....especially from a Forum aspect.

It will be interesting to eventually see when each successive iPad stops receiving updates and the time span between them.

Time will tell!! ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts