What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get audiobooks from iTunes to iPad 2

marionc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get audiobooks from laptop itunes to my ipad2? I moved everything off my ipad prior to the update and cannot figure out how to get them back.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In iTunes, with the iPad connected, there should be a tab titled "Books." That tab will have two check able categories, "Sync Books" and "Sync Audiobooks."

If you select/check "Sync Audiobooks" and then check "Selected audiobooks," all your audiobooks should show for you to pick them. If you want to sync all audiobooks in iTunes over to the iPad, you can select the "All audiobooks" line. Note that if you do that, you won't see the list of audiobooks.

Hope this helps/clarifies.

Marilyn

OP
M

marionc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I have located the Books tab but there is no option for 'synch audiobooks' or 'selected audiobooks'.
I checked itunes for an update and that is OK so I cannot understand this puzzle.
My laptop is about 5 years old and I am in Canada but I don't know if either of these things are relevant.
Marion

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure you scroll down a bit in the Books tab. The audiobook settings are under the regular book sync settings.

The other possibility is that your audiobook files are not being recognized as audiobooks. To check on this go to the Books library (iTunes in Library mode) and choose the Audiobooks tab at the top. If your books are not there they are probably in the Music library. Find them, right click, choose Get Info, go to the Options tab and change the Media Kind to Audiobook.

OP
M

marionc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the assistance - I did eventually figure it out but I'm not sure if I can remember what I did.
M

Most reactions