What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No audio on some video sites

jkingrph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a 2021 iPad pro 11 and am seeing an consistant problem, sometimes temporarily resolved by a restart. On some website videos I cannot get any of the desired audio. This model iPad has no mute button or switch.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad does have a Silent Mode. The bell icon can be seen in the Control Panel (pull down from the top right corner). If not there, you can turn it on/off in Settings > Control Panel.

Silent mode normally only affects alarms and alerts, however some poorly written apps and sites have been known to be silenced with this control.

The more likely cause is that the playback controls on the site or app has it's own volume/mute icon. This will override the volume settings on the iPad. It usually looks like a speaker icon.

This is what it looks like on YouTube.

316D5D83-3E00-4388-A8D0-D4F765D04424.jpeg

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find this issue to be browser dependent, and affected by whether or not I’m running AdLock or a VPN.

Some sites won’t play sound in the Duck-Duck-Go privacy browser even with AdLock and my VPN turned off.

Most reactions

Latest posts