What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo DS Emulator for Both Non-jailbroken and Jailbroken iOS Devices is Here

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
emulator-ios-620x600.jpg

For the past weeks, we’ve seen quite a lot of old games getting ported to iOS or revamped into new, modernized versions. But if you want to play the real thing, what you need to have on your iPhone or iPad is a console emulator. Up until today, all the solutions that were available involved jailbreaking your iOS device, but now NDS4iOS emulator has been available to install through over-the air on non-jailbroken devices, as well. TouchArcade publication was the first to observe the news:

You might remember GBA4iOS a GBA emulator that was released for non-jailbreakers a couple of month ago. Well today you can add another emulator to your list with the arrival of a new version of NDS4iOS you can now play the Nintendo DS without jailbreaking. Just like Gba4iOS you can expect Dropbox Sync and from what I’ve played on my iPad Air a pretty good framerate. It should also support MFi controllers since the jailbroken version does. You can also interact directly with the touchscreen, just like a normal Nintendo DS so it’s really neat. Don’t forget to read the instructions on the website or you won’t be able to install it. I can’t wait to play some obscure classics of mine like Rhythm Tengoku Gold and Wario Ware Touched.

NDS4iOS now supports both non-jailbroken and jailbroken iPhone and iPad devices, and it also supports iOS 7 controllers and features options for control pad style and position. Another cool feature of the NDS4iOS emulator is that it lets you store game saves and load ROMs using Dropbox. To be able to make use of the app, you will need to have an iPhone or iPad running iOS 5.1.1 or later.

Also, if you’re new to the concept of an emulator, then you need to know that it only acts as a tool, and doesn’t contain the games themselves. You will need to purchase ROMs separately, or, if you have already bought them, you can just open them from inside the app.

Source: iPhoneForums

Most reactions

Latest posts