What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo President Pours Very Cold Water on Hopes for Nintendo iOS Games

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
nintendo_logo.JPG

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bad news for all of the iOS gamers out there with a dream of one day seeing the likes of Mario, Zelda, Link, and maybe even Kirby, on their iPhones or iPads, with Nintendo President Satoru Iwata telling Japanese news organization Nikkei that Nintendo making games for smartphones is “absolutely not under consideration†when he was quizzed on the matter, according to IndustryGamers. [/FONT]

“If we did this, Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo,†he told Nikkei. “Having a hardware development team in-house is a major strength. It’s the duty of management to make use of those strengths. It’s probably the correct decision in the sense that the moment we started to release games on smartphones we’d make profits. However, I believe my responsibility is not to short-term profits, but to Nintendo’s mid-and long-term competitive strength.â€
[FONT=&quot]All that being said, I don’t see why that means that Nintendo can’t release versions of its popular games on iOS devices as well as its own systems. After all, Pokemon, which is very much associated with Nintendo, although made by Game Freak, is bringing out Pokemon, Say Tap? for iOS in Japan, which raised many fans hopes that Nintendo was possibly softening its attitude to having its games on other platforms, but it would seem that is now more unlikely than ever. [/FONT]

Source: Nintendo: Smartphone Titles 'Absolutely Not Under Consideration' - IndustryGamers

cjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this

Sooooo sorry to hear this because I would love to see Mario on ALL my idevices!

15donahun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I would LOVE to see the original pokemon games available on the Idevices!!! The original red, blue and yellow up to black and white

Most reactions

Latest posts