What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newsstand and Telegraph App - download inconsistent

jcaswell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Newsstand for my UK Telegraph newspaper, but the daily automatic download is getting very inconsistent. I often have to go in manually to force the download.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening? I have auto download switched on, and am connected via WiFi

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use Newsstand for my UK Telegraph newspaper, but the daily automatic download is getting very inconsistent. I often have to go in manually to force the download.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening? I have auto download switched on, and am connected via WiFi

Ensure that Notifications also are enabled for your newspaper. Go to Settings. - Notifications, search for the newspaper, tap it and make sure that "Notification Center" is turned on.

Additionally, your iPad must have sufficient battery charge to complete the download, or be connected to a power source.

Last edited:
OP
J

jcaswell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both of the points you made are OK - notifications on and sufficient battery. WiFi connected and automatic download set in Newsstand app. Today I had to force the download again. It could be the app. I will continue to monitor.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Newsstand itself could be the reason to your issue. One possibility would be to report this to Apple.

If the newspaper is causing the problem, you could contact the developer.

I guess your UK telegraph newspaper is updated to the latest version? (2.5.3)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts