What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbe

Keypurr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Bob. I am retired and have a thing for electronics. At 74 my iPad is just the thing to waste my time with. It is in my hand at least ten hours every day. Computers and Theology keep my old mind working all the time.

How can I keep my addiction to iPad and iPod under control? ;)

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well using it Ten hours a day is not a good start if your looking to curb it, Heck I say enjoy it, Go for 16 Hours a Day with a walk in between about every half hour or so.

I know what you mean though, sometimes you feel like you cant get enough, like sucking the Internet into your brain still wouldn't suffice. :confused:

BTW, welcome to the Forums Keypurr

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Keypurr, welcome here from Asia, my mom’s 73 have an iPad and she use it all the day, for many various use internet game, chatting with us and her friend, and the more funny is she use it for write down her shopping list , she now i don’t loose the post it, and my father he is happy because he dislike post it in the refrigerator door ….

so you see you are not the only one addicted

OP
Keypurr

Keypurr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well using it Ten hours a day is not a good start if your looking to curb it, Heck I say enjoy it, Go for 16 Hours a Day with a walk in between about every half hour or so.

I know what you mean though, sometimes you feel like you cant get enough, like sucking the Internet into your brain still wouldn't suffice. :confused:

BTW, welcome to the Forums Keypurr

I think I will take your advise. The world is in my hand.
God bless Apple Computer Company, no more PC's for me.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm addicted and don't even have mine yet, so enjoy!!! Two more days until this Grandma has hers in hand. My daughter doesn't like to talk to me any more because she says it's all I talk about! LOL

OP
Keypurr

Keypurr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Keypurr, welcome here from Asia, my mom’s 73 have an iPad and she use it all the day, for many various use internet game, chatting with us and her friend, and the more funny is she use it for write down her shopping list , she now i don’t loose the post it, and my father he is happy because he dislike post it in the refrigerator door ….

so you see you are not the only one addicted

I understand that there are no pills tonight this addiction.
Oh well, I will just have to learn to get along with it.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome on board. From Australia. Sounds like you can give us a great review of the ipad when yu are not sleeping. Lol. Cheers col down under

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Keypurr

Keypurr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm addicted and don't even have mine yet, so enjoy!!! Two more days until this Grandma has hers in hand. My daughter doesn't like to talk to me any more because she says it's all I talk about! LOL

Hope ya got it by now. Now you have to find out how you got along without it for so long.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it 3G launch day. I also wonder how I got along without it before, after a week with it! I'm not a rich person, and the $830 was a lot of money to me.....but if I were to drop and break it tomorrow I would be ordering another one tomorrow! ( I winced just typing that!)

Most reactions

Latest posts