What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new

Reaction score
Hi i am Christopher Leslie Wood and have just bought a new ipad 9.7 ISO 11 it's a great piece of kit if i could just get out of the PC mode i have just uploaded about 12670 photos to icloud and now i have (through this forum ) found out how to make albums in photos.I can't understand i managed to up load 2.3gb of videos to VLC player in only minutes and yet it's taking nearly all day to upload about 4gb of photos to cloud.I have decided not to use cloud as there are too many photos,i would like to use itunes but i manage to put 1 folder of photos and then when i put another it deletes the first one does anyone know what the best photo viewer to use? I have 128gb storage on the ipad
Kind Regards Chris

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds to me as though you might want to edit your specific photo shoots to save only the best shots from any photo session. I shot photos with film for a living for 40 years and that’s what I always did. Now with digital cameras it’s easy to overwhelm your storage with multiple images unless you pare down the junk. I recently upgraded my iCloud storage (99 cents a month) that gave me a bit more flexibility even though I have 128 Gb on my iPad.

OP
C
Reaction score
Sounds to me as though you might want to edit your specific photo shoots to save only the best shots from any photo session. I shot photos with film for a living for 40 years and that’s what I always did. Now with digital cameras it’s easy to overwhelm your storage with multiple images unless you pare down the junk. I recently upgraded my iCloud storage (99 cents a month) that gave me a bit more flexibility even though I have 128 Gb on my iPad.
thanks very much i shall do that as i do have about 12680 photos and a lot of junk thanks once again

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iCloud Photo library is meant to operate in the background. This means that when you initially sync to iCloud, the iPad does not fire up the entire bandwidth and crank away until it’s done. Instead it plugs away at a rate meant to avoid interfeing with the iPad’s normal operation; working hardest when the iPad is not being used, and plugged into power.

The downside is that the iPad can take days to fully sync a large library. Mine took about two and a half days, and it’s half the size of yours. The good news is that your iPad is usable the entire time, and doesn't drain the battery at a ridiculous rate.

Once the library’s initial sync is doen, it does a pretty good job of staying synced. You can see when it is not at the bottom fo the Photos tab.

Note: You must have an internet connection for sync to happen. Also, if you want mobile syncing you’ll have to enable the feature. Not recommended if you have limited cellular data and/or add lots of pictures while out and about.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi can anyone help i have put a lot of photos on my ipad is there any way i can delete them they are in the albums of photos

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the Photos tab, tap „Select“ at the upper right:
9D9172DC-C92E-45D5-99E5-0AA2ED0B2C71.jpeg

Taht done you‘ll find „Select“ next to the images. If you choose one of those, you‘ll select the images from a complete day.
If you want to select the images one by one, and not an entire day, tap the images themselves, so that they are checkmarked:
A0676731-5593-4FAE-B6FE-443EC4DFC671.jpeg

Then tap the trash icon at the top right:
71EBAFB3-26CF-4622-85D5-4B4991B3BC4D.jpeg

This will remove them from the Photos tab and All Photos album, they will stay in the Recently Deleted album for 30 days, so that you can recover the ones you deleted by mistake.

It works that way, if you loaded the images via iCloud. If you synced them via iTunes, you‘ll have to reconnect your iPad to iTunes, deselect the folder(s) or images, and sync once more.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi can anyone help i have put a lot of photos on my ipad is there any way i can delete them they are in the albums of photos
The photos in the various folders in the Photos app on your iPad are just bookmarks to the actual photos in the camera roll. Deleting them from the folders will also delete them from the camera roll and unless they are backed up somewhere else, you'll lose them permanently.

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks i'll try but at the moment i am stuck delete recover and cancel in 12640 photos and i can not move out

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi if i reset the ipad would that remove the photos as its brand new i wont loose anything
Erasing all Content and Settings in Settings - General - Reset will remove everything you‘ve added, and it will set back all your settings to default.
If you use iCloud‘s Find my iPad, you‘ll have to disable it, before erasing your iPad.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi J A i have done all that but the trash can is faded and can not be clicked on
It looks like you‘ve used iTunes on a computer to sync the images to your iPad. Connect your iPad to the computer, open iTunes, select your device’s icon, deselect „Sync Photos“, then choose „Remove Photos“.

Most reactions

Latest posts