What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new with questions

Mary J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about getting an IPAD. I have a HTC EVO 4G phone that I use as a hot spot for my laptop. Can I also use this for the IPAD? Would I have to pay any addtional fee's or hook up fee's? We travel a lot in our RV, and thought the IPAD would work really well. Will I be able to pay bills from it also? Not sure which one I will choose as of yet. So any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary J

Juneau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can tether it, I do with my Droid. No it will not cost more. Depends on your bank, but you should be able to pay bills from it...I do.

Since I have my droid I chose the wifi only model. I am also in hospitals a lot and they always have wifi I can get on if I need.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will this be your only computer? If so, you might want to get a laptop instead.

The iPad is great for almost everything, I'm not certain that I would want it for my only computer. Typing on the virtual screen is not bad, but I still find a real keyboard better then a virtual one. Of course you could get the blue tooth keyboard (I have one, and I like it)

irwaffles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can tether from your phone. I don't know what bank you use, but I mostly use Wells Fargo and I can pay for my bills from the App. If not you can probably just load up the website via Safari browser and just pay your bill if you have online banking.

If you plan to tether of course you should save yourself some money and go with a Wi-fi only model.

OP
M

Mary J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your answers! One other question for ya... How are they to use sitting outside?

Mary J

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check angles and screen brightness and you have some working points, there are also anti glare screen protectors...

Here's a funny... Was sitting outside at a park, went to use ipad and thought it was broken, screen was black....took off my sunglasses and ipad was on and ready.

Most reactions

Latest posts