What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Way to Downgrade iPhone 4 (4.0.2 to 4.0.1) Without SHSHs Blops on iPad

ineolinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
8A306 or 8A400 is firmware build number for iOS 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 respectively. so for iPad, you should look for 7B405 and replace it with 7B500.

Please note, that I have no way to confirm this myself right now

I try , don't get.

in that what ".dmg" file will be delet? in ipad, 001 and 011 have, not 002.

OP
F

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
Just the Same Guys! It didn't work for me!
I just made this thread saying "for iPhone, showing a possibility for iPad" is not confirmed, we must wait for someone that discover what files we need to manipulate.

Some iPhone 4 friends that got their iPhones with 4.0.2 have confirmed that this method worked for their iPhones.

We just need the solution for iPad, that's all!

At the moment, iPhone method is not for iPad!

KingDong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it possible

I think this possible as Ive been messing with the firmware for a bit here.

So far the closest I got was doing this.

I rename the Dmg files from 3.2.1 to the same name as the 3.2.2 dmgs files and then replace these in the 3.2.2 firm.
When I try a restore it goes through even pass apple verification and start to prepare iPad for restore but then give error 21 and then my iPad get stuck in mode which I just kick out with embrella.

Now I've messed with every file and the buildfest and restore are the key because as soon as I replace with 3.2.1 even with edits I get 3194 error which is signature error. So that has to be something we have to change in these 2 files in the 3.2.1 firmware to match something in the 3.2.2 build and restore file.

I've looked but I honestly don't see a difference beside firmware number 7b4505 and string 3.2.1. Imade these changes to reflect 3.2.2 and 7b500
But there still something the 3.2.1 fils to edit.

Maybe someone good with code can look at these files and see what the difference is.

Last edited:
OP
F

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
I think this possible as Ive been messing with the firmware for a bit here.

So far the closest I got was doing this.

I rename the Dmg files from 3.2.1 to the same name as the 3.2.2 dmgs files and then replace these in the 3.2.2 firm.
When I try a restore it goes through even pass apple verification and start to prepare iPad for restore but then give error 21 and then my iPad get stuck in mode which I just kick out with embrella.

Now I've messed with every file and the buildfest and restore are the key because as soon as I replace with 3.2.1 even with edits I get 3194 error which is signature error. So that has to be something we have to change in these 2 files in the 3.2.1 firmware to match something in the 3.2.2 build and restore file.

I've looked but I honestly don't see a difference beside firmware number 7b4505 and string 3.2.1. Imade these changes to reflect 3.2.2 and 7b500
But there still something the 3.2.1 fils to edit.

Maybe someone good with code can look at these files and see what the difference is.
Hello KingDong!

I tried just the same, like you. I renamed the .DMG files 3.2.1 pointing 3.2.2, but I got the "Error 11" (You 21). So, we are sure that .DMG aren't the problem, Restore.plist and BuildManifest.plist are the problem here. I really want someone with more experience than us can manipulate these files and trick iTunes into thinking these are 3.2.2 files. Then iTunes will accept the Firmware and Verify with Apple Servers, and 3.2.1 would be camouflaged with 3.2.2 and no errors (19,21,11)

KingDong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes exactly! We need some with some coding experience look as I have found there differences but very minor and to me I have no clue how it used in the file.

I'm pretty sure if we found what from 3.2.2 build manifest code we needed and put it into the 3.2.1 and renamed the dmgs like we have it would work. Not only that we should be able to save the shsh blobs also and do a clean install of 3.2.1 using the normal method with changing host to go to the other server. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Someone with coding experience helps us!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't you think if this was possible it would have happened long ago, with the iPhone/Touch?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't you think if this was possible it would have happened long ago, with the iPhone/Touch?
We don't want more questions, it doesn't matter the iPhones and iPods. now we want to find the way to downgrade the iPad.

Thanks for Understanding!!!
:)
I understand. And the naivete is cute. But be real, you have ZERO chance of doing this. Sometimes you need to face reality. I don't think you even understand how Apple verifies firmware with iTunes and the iDevice. I think if you did you would realize the approach you are taking is a complete waste of time.

OP
F

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
We don't want more questions, it doesn't matter the iPhones and iPods. now we want to find the way to downgrade the iPad.

Thanks for Understanding!!!
:)
I understand. And the naivete is cute. But be real, you have ZERO chance of doing this. Sometimes you need to face reality. I don't think you even understand how Apple verifies firmware with iTunes and the iDevice. I think if you did you would realize the approach you are taking is a complete waste of time.
Hiya!

Not at all! If iPhone and iPod users discovered a method to downgrade without SHSHs Blops by changing files from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2. Obviously for iPad is something like that, the problem is that we're guessing these files, we need to change the correct files and edit the correct section of .PLIST files in the firmware.

I think until september 15 this would be solved!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone and iPod users have NOT found a way to do this. When you start with an incorrect premise.... oh never mind. Knock yourself out.

bigbearxzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
look Step 7 ,That means with shsh
Hello Friends!

Step 7: This step is optional, it helps you to ensure you get an SHSH file request for the future, but should not be necessary to just restore 4.0.1

* Locate "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\" for Windows and "/etc/" directory for Mac, then locate “hosts†file and Open it in Notepad (for Windows) or TextEdit (for Mac OS X) then add this line at the bottom of the file and save it.

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

OP
F

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
look Step 7 ,That means with shsh
Hello Friends!

Step 7: This step is optional, it helps you to ensure you get an SHSH file request for the future, but should not be necessary to just restore 4.0.1

* Locate "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\" for Windows and "/etc/" directory for Mac, then locate “hosts†file and Open it in Notepad (for Windows) or TextEdit (for Mac OS X) then add this line at the bottom of the file and save it.

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Step 7: This step is optional, it helps you to ensure you get an SHSH file request for the future ,
but should not be necessary to just restore 4.0.1 now
!!!

cmstuber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did a lot of plist file editing tonight and ended up with error 2006, looked it up. now i get error 21 like another in this thread. but... the good news is that i think apple signed my restore. it said waiting for apple for a while, then it said preparing to restore. my ipad started to reboot or at least come out of DFU and then I got the error 21 message. i think there is hope here....

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts