What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New waterproof option for ipad

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Read about a new waterproofing option for iPads and iPhones from a company called Seal Shield. Google it and see what you think. I know there are others put there, but this one looks like it fits better and does a better job.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
this company has been around for a while now. I remember them demoing it with an iPhone 3G when the iPhone 3G came out.

However you would be paying hundreds of dollars for this, in some cases more than the phone costs. It does wear off, and the company does not GUARANTEE it will be water proof.

would be great if all electronics that people carried around with them all the time came waterproof from the factory.

AlarmMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The life cases look very good. It's a pity they are not available for the ipad2 yet! I hope they don't go straight to iPad 3.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
The LifeCases are what I wanted way back when I had an iPhone 3Gs. otterbox made a waterproof case for the 3G called an armor case, yet they never made one for the iPhone 3gS or even the 4/4s.

If I get an iPad 3, I'll be looking to get a life case for it they day its made available. Must have if I want to take my iPad out in the woods or around water while GeoCaching.

OP
J

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AlarmMan said:
The life cases look very good. It's a pity they are not available for the ipad2 yet! I hope they don't go straight to iPad 3.

Yeah, what the heck is taking so long? I gave up on those guys awhile ago. Anybody can advertise something, but can they bring it to market?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Guy's check out this youtube video. The guys from LifeProof said they are making cases for both iPad2 and iPad3. (2min 50sec in if you want to fast forward.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts