What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New User

adavis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just got 2 iPads, one for my wife and one for myself to use primarily as ereaders. I'm wondering if there's a a way to have a book on both iPads without having all the books on both iPads. Also, I need a flash plugin and haven't been able to find one. I maintain my churches website and have a slideshow created with powerpoint and converted to flash with an addin. Each slide shows the days activities and I change it every week. eBay also uses flash on some of it's listings. Some of my church members have expressed an interest in the iPad but I'm reluctant to recommend it if they can't view their own church website on the iPad. I would love any suggestions on how to view flash on an iPad.
Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

There are some workarounds for Flash, but they're not at all satisfactory. You'll find dozens of threads on this Forum that discuss Member's experiences, so there's no shortage of help and advice.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
A

adavis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was afraId that flash wasn't available so the next time anyone asks, I'll suggest they not get an iPad and instead get something else. It is a great ereader and works well for email. Too bad the browser isn't that useful.

garanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you want to view flash content on your ipad, you can try using alternative browsers that you can get from the app store e.g. Iswifter or Puffin.

Reaction score
I know it's a work around, but I use Splashtop for Flash. What it does is use your desktop remotely on your ipad so you get the full functionality of your desktop on your ipad. Your finger on your ipad becomes the mouse on your desktop. It allows full video and audio streaming as well.
I've switched to a Galaxy Tab because of Flash and other things I needed to do that the ipad isn't right for me to use effectively.
I use Kindle reader app and I can sync just the books from my collection I want to the ipad, Tab , phone, wife's ipad yet the rest of the collection is still intact. It also instantly syncs to where I left off on one device to the next device when I open the app .
Welcome to the forum < > <

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:
OP
A

adavis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like those 2 apps are for flash web sites which is not what I need. Just a simple plugin so flash can be viewed on a normal web page is what I need. The last suggestion would only work if your desktop is turned on and I always shut it down when I'm away from the house plus that wouldn't work for someone that doesn't have anything but an iPad.
I've also noticed that the iPad doesn't always display PDF files properly. Sometimes the text is garbled and sometimes there are sections that don't display at all. Not a problem with the PDF because it displays properly on a Windows machine with Adobe Reader.
Right now I wouldn't recommend an iPad to anyone and am experiencing buyers remorse for buying 2 of them. Apple makes high end product? I don't think so.

OP
A

adavis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have one of those air print printers, I did figure out how to print from Notes with it. The printer can be set up so it has it's own e-mail address and you can just e-mail the note directly to the printer. Haven't tried this with calendar or contacts but assume it would work there also.

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
adavis said:
It looks like those 2 apps are for flash web sites which is not what I need. Just a simple plugin so flash can be viewed on a normal web page is what I need. The last suggestion would only work if your desktop is turned on and I always shut it down when I'm away from the house plus that wouldn't work for someone that doesn't have anything but an iPad.
I've also noticed that the iPad doesn't always display PDF files properly. Sometimes the text is garbled and sometimes there are sections that don't display at all. Not a problem with the PDF because it displays properly on a Windows machine with Adobe Reader.
Right now I wouldn't recommend an iPad to anyone and am experiencing buyers remorse for buying 2 of them. Apple makes high end product? I don't think so.

No offense, but you didn't do your due diligence before buying. It been common knowledge that Apple does not do flash since day one for iPhone and iPad. You insistence on having a "plugin" shows you did not research before you bought.

Perhaps instead of insisting on having what you think you need, you should look outside the box for what is available.

Believe me, I feel your pain. There are many frustrating aspects to Apple products, but there are also many work arounds to many problems if you just look. I myself was totally livid about the failures of Keynote to transfer to PowerPoint a couple of months ago. My rant is on this board someplace... ;)

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts