What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convert PowerPoint to something that will display on an iPad as well as a PC?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so very much..... Pretty new at this. It's actually not a presentation that I'm giving, but rather what my teachers are using for tools that us students follow along with in class. Maybe you could direct me now on apps that will allow me to highlight portions of the power point as my teacher is instructing? So far everything I have read on here sounds rather complicated, and not condusive for highlighting important info during class lectures? If you have ANY suggestions, even a different thread that would be sweet. And i do super appreciate the last lesson ;)
If you actually want to annotate a presentation being given on your iPad on the fly I can recommend an app called 2Screens Presentation Expert. (You can use File Transfer to drop in PowerPoint or Keynote Presentations the same way I described in the link above.) 2Screens allows you to work with presentations right on the iPad or you can send them to a TV with the iPad's Digital AV Adapter or a projector by using the iPad's VGA output kit. More here:

Apple - iPad 2 - Make your iPad even better with accessories.

Have a look at the app and accessories and see if that will fit your needs.

Last edited:

steveatk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know whether the Keynote app will permit slides that build or have animation that are developed in Powerpoint?
Thank you!
Steve

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know whether the Keynote app will permit slides that build or have animation that are developed in Powerpoint?
Thank you!
Steve
Maybe. It depends on the animation, whether it's a build, transition, etc. Keynote can emulate most of them on a Mac, however, its counterpart on the iPad is more limited for all of the reasons you can imagine. PowerPoint 101 teaches us to avoid complicated builds, transitions and so on because the audience begins to focus on the "gee whiz" factor instead of the message. So keeping it to basics is best in all respects. About the only way you can find out is to try it.

Hope that helps!

happyday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2Screens presentation export was almost the perfect solution. DID EVERYTHING I WANTED except save what I added to the slides. I could transfer my power points, take notes on the side, highlight important info, & add all sorts of shapes...... But as soon as I switched slides it all went away. After reading the manual within the app, it appears there is no way to save these changes. I'm thinking the app is used more effectively for presenting the power point. either way still a very cool app and like playing with it so I do thank you. I'll keep searching for a student oriented app.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
happyday said:
2Screens presentation export was almost the perfect solution. DID EVERYTHING I WANTED except save what I added to the slides. I could transfer my power points, take notes on the side, highlight important info, & add all sorts of shapes...... But as soon as I switched slides it all went away. After reading the manual within the app, it appears there is no way to save these changes. I'm thinking the app is used more effectively for presenting the power point. either way still a very cool app and like playing with it so I do thank you. I'll keep searching for a student oriented app.

Glad things went well!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
happyday said:

You might try converting the PowerPoint into a PDF and using one of the many PDF-oriented apps to highlight, annotate and markup with your notes. There are a number of threads here on PDF apps. Good luck on your quest! Let us know how it goes.

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

Most reactions

Latest posts