What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New User, about to get 1st iPad, questions

AE1M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am an experienced iPod user (160GB Classic) and thinking of an iPad for wife for browsing/email ease.

1) Do I really need to use it with iTunes, I am confused about that. I dont want to sync 100+GB of movies, tunes onto the iPad.

2) If I do take it out of the box and connect to iTunes, is iTunes smart enough to keep 2 "profiles" of the different devices I have (iPod and iPad)? I do want to sync all podcasts daily and music on iPod, not on iPad.

3) From looking at the documentation online, I am unsure if/how I could sync the iPad with Outlook 2003 on XP to have all my contact in the email app. Dont care about calendar, but about 500 contacts with email addresses would be helpful.

4) Does it support POP email with LMOS? Would prefer to check email but then actually grab the emails off the server with my PC later.

Thanks for the initial help, sure I will have more Qs.

Bob

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

I don't use my iPad for email, but as far as syncing with iTunes, yes it does recognize the different devices. As far as your music goes, you don't have to put any of it on your iPad or you can just make some smaller playlists and sync only those. You can also "cherry pick" which videos, if any, you want to put on your iPad.

The one thing you will need is the latest version of iTunes.

Most reactions