What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Update

holy2411

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as software manufacturers provide updates for your main computer, Apple occasionally updates iPad system software to fix problems or offer enhanced features. It's a good idea to occasionally check for an updated version of the iPad operating system .

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple says:

About iOS 5.1 Software Update
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
Redesigned Camera app for iPad
Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
Updated AT&T network indicator
Addresses bugs affecting battery life
Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls

It wasn't advertised as a iOS 5.1 feature, but my iPad 1 and 2 are much improved on iOS 5.1 over iOS 5 and 5.0.1. On the two earlier versions, I had many RAM-related crashes (identified via diagnostics logs), especially on iPad 1. On iOS 5.1, my iPad 1 and 2 are working as smoothly as when I originally got them.

falguni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am facing a problem updating to iOS 5.1. It is showing an error has occurred....is anyone else facing the same problem?

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
update went smoothly on my ipad2. no issues, so far.
i had previously let itunes 10.6 download, but not install ios5.1 immediately. i waited a few days to read reports before pulling the trigger on it.

falguni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mk4 said:
update went smoothly on my ipad2. no issues, so far.
i had previously let itunes 10.6 download, but not install ios5.1 immediately. i waited a few days to read reports before pulling the trigger on it.
Thanks shall try it!!!!!

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated 2 iPad(s) and 2 iPhones wirelessly with no issues and all inside 15 minutes.Updates have made my iPad 1 runs very smooth. Amazing difference and no more crashes.

Last edited:

falguni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackbelt said:
Updated 2 iPad(s) and 2 iPhones wirelessly with no issues and all inside 15 minutes.

Don't know why it is not updating......thx

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How are you updating? Attached or wirelessly? What version are you updating from? PC or MAC based? Speed of connectivity?

falguni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackbelt said:
How are you updating? Attached or wirelessly? What version are you updating from? PC or MAC based? Speed of connectivity?

My iPad shows update available.and wirelessly....

Most reactions

Latest posts