What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the boards: Trying to access IMac remotely with Ipad

NHLNied27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone would help me out, I would really appreciate it. I am a mac amateur and am trying to set up my imac so I can view it remotely on my Ipad. I am not sure what settings I need to change on the Imac nor how to make the changes. I have done some research on the differences between different apps for the ipad that allow remote desktop but they all seem to do the same thing. I just need the easiest one to set up. If anyone can help me out, please respond to this post. Thank you so much.

Bill

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop is the best but you do havetoo assign your router to portforward if viewing from another network. If you want simple try iTeleport.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop is the best but you do havetoo assign your router to portforward if viewing from another network. If you want simple try iTeleport.

Thank you. How do I set up my mac for remote desktop access? Thanks.

Whatever app you choose to go with they will have a howto on what you need to install on your Mac to make it work.

OP
N

NHLNied27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
N

NHLNied27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can access sound while using a remote connection when watching streaming video via the iPad? Thanks.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple - Remote Desktop 3 - Tutorials - Easy Set Up
In the linked video, the iPad will substitute as the "Admin computer"

It's not as easy as enabling remote desktop on Windows, but it's not hard, there are just a lot of things to click.

If you want to get to your computer from outside your own network, over the Internet, you'll have a bit more work to do.

OP
N

NHLNied27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple - Remote Desktop 3 - Tutorials - Easy Set Up
In the linked video, the iPad will substitute as the "Admin computer"

It's not as easy as enabling remote desktop on Windows, but it's not hard, there are just a lot of things to click.

If you want to get to your computer from outside your own network, over the Internet, you'll have a bit more work to do.

I purchased iteleport to access a remote desktop on my iPad but there is no sound. Can I do something to have access to the sound or is this a lost cause? Thanks.

Most reactions