What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to calendar, options how to set up best?

OP
S

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Twerppoet, would you know the answer to my problem at all...listed under another topic but gist is that the google enabled cal colours on my iPad keep changing at random every 2 days...even when I don't sync with pc or do anything!
Really frustrating as I get them set as I want and then out of the blue one colour will change...normally to brown.
Any knowledge would be appreciated.
Thanks
S

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Stephen19 said:
Hi Twerppoet, would you know the answer to my problem at all...listed under another topic but gist is that the google enabled cal colours on my iPad keep changing at random every 2 days...even when I don't sync with pc or do anything!
Really frustrating as I get them set as I want and then out of the blue one colour will change...normally to brown.
Any knowledge would be appreciated.
Thanks
S

Sorry, no idea at all on that. Mine remain stable, or I've never noticed the changes, one of those two. I'll keep a closer eye on mine, and think it over. If I come up with anything I'll get back to you, but it sounds just plai wierd.

BTW, how are you changing the colors? Mine just set randomly when I enable the sevice. No change I make on Google has ever made a differnce.

But back to wierdness, try a restart or soft reset. I doubt this will help, but it won't hurt to try.

When things start acting a bit weird, it's a good idea to completely shut the iPad off and restart. You should probably do this at least once a week (my unsupported opinion on frequency.)

Just hold down the power button for about three seconds. You'll get a power off slider. Go ahead and slide it off. Wait until the iPad completely shuts down and then restart it by holding down the power button for about three seconds again.

For more serious problems, when shutting it off doesn't work, you can do a soft reset. Hold down the power and home button until the Apple logo appears, about 10 to 15 seconds. Let go and wait for it to reboot. This will take a few minutes, so be patient.

OP
S

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks Poet. To change a cal colour I add up to 10 dummy cals onto google cal and label each vacant colour 1, vacant colour 2 etc. Then I add these to the sync menu. When I need to change a cal colour I select just the cal whose colour I wish to change and switch every item in that diary slot into the vacant colour cal that I want, want it was originally. So I then have no entries in old original colour cal and so I then delete this in google cals. Finally In same place I change name of new cal from vacant cal 1 to what it was before...and it's back in orig colour.

So I have up to 10 vacant cals with no entries but just with selected colours ready to go...pain eh!
And only works as new to using the cals so not too many entries to alter each time. At moment.

Not something I would want to keep doing either.
S

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I never thought of that approach. It sounds like a pain, but better than turning the calendar sync off and on in accounts like I did. I just did this several times until it randomly selected colors I was willing to put up with.

I've done it since then, too, but I also removed all but the main calendar. Ether I got spectacularly lucky, or it actually synced the color on that calendar, because it is currently the same in all three places, my iMac, iPad, and Google Calendars. Even my Droid X has my Google calendar in an eye pleasing purple.

When I was working with multiple Google Calendars it had a disturbing tendency to pick a rather ugly and hard to see tan/brown and faint orange.

Most reactions

Latest posts