What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new to apple products

JJGee55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi my girlfriend just moved in and I'm using her Imac osx
I'm so impressed! Can't stop using it. Was going to buy a kindle!! ??
Now I'm waiting for the Ipad.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi JJGee, welcome here and in the Mac World. I know what is you're feeling using a Mac, and i am sure you will continue to enjoy for long time ...all of us here are waiting to get a Ipad on hand

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE SITE JJGee!!!:) Im happy for you in your girlfriend. Moving in is a big step in a relationship.;)

jwookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome JJGee! You'll love Mac, probably become a Mac-junkie like most of us.

My name is Jill and I'm addicted to Apple Products:)

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome JJGee !

lol this is like Apple anonymous,

Hello, My name is Jeff and I'm addicted to Apple.. {steps down from podium to sit with sponsor}

It is true though, but I have to admit I wasn't always a long time Apple user. Being into Electronics and learning troubleshooting techniques back in tube days (beginning of solid-state), it was natural to enter into the PC realm.

For one they were available everywhere and it was what people brought in for service. The Mac users at this time, was a close knit community within towns and most often had their own support channels when not covered with a warranty.

Also the PC was more apt to be an upgradeable device for most users and was more of a hobby to many that was willing to learn all the intricacies of multiple OS changes, hardware vendors, kits, 3rd party components and accessories and DOS too was mainstream in school programs.

The largest thing we point out to new Mac users these days and have for awhile, "When doing most things with Macs, they just work".

My most impressive feat for Apple, although shocking to me simultaneously, was the big move to Intel and no longer Motorola based.
Immediately I could tell that it was going to be an economic as much as an introductory Boom! to PC users everywhere.

I am happy to see all the long time PC users that have converted to Macs, but most of all the fact that people, whether being long time Apple or PC users, have learned to open their minds and look beyond mere categorizing Mac or PC.
In my eyes they are both so similar hardware wise, yet Apple has a way of standing above and beyond any quality or customer support any PC manufacturer ever had.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol this is like Apple anonymous,

Hello, My name is Jeff and I'm addicted to Apple.. {steps down from podium to sit with sponsor}

In my eyes they are both so similar hardware wise, yet Apple has a way of standing above and beyond any quality or customer support any PC manufacturer ever had.

You touch one important point yet any PC manufacturer have the same service, but i n same time they have to work with nearly only one OS manufacturer (Minux is too complicated for the final user)

if you have time read my thread here about my experience with a tablet Window 7 based ....

The problem is the Software and the Hardware are each one working in is corner and after that they combine and solve the small bug they immediately see , but no one of them think about the user experience

Most reactions

Latest posts