What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Supposed iPad Air 2 Front Panel With Integrated Display Pics

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_Air_2_front_panel.JPG

MacRumors has today posted new photos of what is claimed to be the front panel of the next version of the iPad Air. The photos were first posted on Dutch site One More Thing, and show an integrated display panel, unlike the current iPad Air, which has a separate panel and display.

MacRumors notes that using an integrated panel could enable Apple to make the iPad Air 2 even thinner, or possibly make room for a bigger battery.

iFixit co-founder Kyle Wiens told MacRumors that the parts could be genuine, and were possibly manufactured in a similar way to the Retina MacBook Pro.

Wiens said that having an integrated display would make make the tablet more expensive to repair, but this should only be a very minor concern, to be fair, and has not been too much of a problem with the iPhone, which also has an integrated display.

The iPad Air 2, and a Retina iPad mini, are both due to launch some time in 2014, or in the third quarter, according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who usually knows what he’s talking about on these matters. Kuo also says that both new tablets will have the iPhone 5s Touch ID system.

Source:
Alleged iPad Air 2 Front Panel with Integrated Display Shown in New Photos - Mac Rumors

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish Apple would stop with the small updates and go for bigger updates over longer time schedules.

Why? People buy in at different times. If I were buying my first iPad, I'd want the best they can offer at that time. No one wants to buy old tech. And you don't have to buy every release of a new model. Time your buy when you think there is enough change to be worth the bother. Apple already waits a year or more between updates when some companies have two updates in the same people.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish Apple would stop with the small updates and go for bigger updates over longer time schedules.

You want to upgrade your iPad every year and pay a ton just for a better iPad when your current iPad is still working fine? Sure! Do it! And end up wasting your money.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score

How else will they make $$$ lol.

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why? People buy in at different times. If I were buying my first iPad, I'd want the best they can offer at that time. No one wants to buy old tech. And you don't have to buy every release of a new model. Time your buy when you think there is enough change to be worth the bother. Apple already waits a year or more between updates when some companies have two updates in the same people.

What a great point about selling the best product that can be offered at that time.

How interesting!

I think Apple might have just gone up a notch in my estimation, and I've been buying Apple computer tech exclusively since about 1993 or so.

(The prices of Apple's products sometimes make me cranky.)

Most reactions

Latest posts