What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Setup

lmeans78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks

Ok so it seems like I must sync my ipad2 with my iTunes account from my laptop I have a brand new outta the box device but it only shows the iTunes logo and the USB cable soooo here is my dilemma: my Internet service is down so I have no access for my laptop but however I do have the iTunes app loaded onto my IPhone which is how I download all my music anyhow- any suggestions?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lmeans78 said:
Hi folks

Ok so it seems like I must sync my ipad2 with my iTunes account from my laptop I have a brand new outta the box device but it only shows the iTunes logo and the USB cable soooo here is my dilemma: my Internet service is down so I have no access for my laptop but however I do have the iTunes app loaded onto my IPhone which is how I download all my music anyhow- any suggestions?

You have to connect your iPad to your computer before it will do anything, have you tried to connect it?

The Archangel

OP
lmeans78

lmeans78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx but no I do not have an Internet connection right now

OP
lmeans78

lmeans78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I did connect it but nothing happened do not have iTunes installed on my computer FYI

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's your problem then, you need to find an Internet connection and download the latest version of iTunes onto your computer, then you can set up your iPad.

The Archangel

OP
lmeans78

lmeans78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's why I stated that there was no inet conn available neither was iTunes installed thx anyway :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You said it was a laptop, yes? If it has a wireless card, go find a local hotspot, like a McDonalds, buy a meal or drink to be polite, and use it to download iTunes. It's not a huge download. You'll need to activate your iPad with an internet connection too.

Or, if you have an Apple Store nearby, they would probably be wiling to help you activate your iPad. Making an appointment would be a good idea.

OP
lmeans78

lmeans78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx so much but it is done now I cycled my modem/router and reconfigured the settings my Internet is up iTunes installed my daughter is having a ball with her new iPad

Most reactions