What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Saddleback iPad 2 case, sweeeet

Pagliacci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saddleback makers of great hard working and stylish leather gear have just released their new iPad 2 case. Expensive but I think the best and most stylish way to wrap an iPad. You can check it out here http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/130. No I do not work for the company but I have a few of their products and absolutly love them.

Pagliacci

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Omg

I don't know how you can afford a few, but I think I might be in love. It's only $20 more than a case that I was looking at and comes with a lifetime warranty. I love the stand feature. All I want is a monogram! and a coupon!

OP
Pagliacci

Pagliacci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a video of it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOfvhJposYk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Pagliacci

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last edited:

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saddleback makers of great hard working and stylish leather gear have just released their new iPad 2 case. Expensive but I think the best and most stylish way to wrap an iPad. You can check it out here iPad 2 Case. No I do not work for the company but I have a few of their products and absolutly love them.

Pagliacci

Nice link ... checked it out ... expensive like you said. For $99 you can get the classy Zagg with keyboard ... weighs less, better stand (both Portrait and Landscape orientation) ... need protector on back however. I carry a second pouch anyway... so not a biggie.

Also I am trying out the Targus PivotVU ... $39 at Best Buy. So far is looks very similar ... not classy leather ... faux leather, slightly padded ... nice... it works also.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the iPad Case but I'm madly in love with their medium Satchel in Dark Coffee.....

Ral14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That case covers way too much of the bezel. I can see my fingers getting caught up in there. I'll pass on that one. I have a Yoobao Executive Leather in black arriving today!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ral14 said:
That case covers way too much of the bezel. I can see my fingers getting caught up in there. I'll pass on that one. I have a Yoobao Executive Leather in black arriving today!

I think it's perfect for my big hands and I travel a lot. I'm probably gonna bow and get this. It's so hottt and I love Daves humor. Good to know that rich ppl can be down to earth.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's exactly why I got rid of a similar leather case for my iPad 1. When the bezel is covered you can't touch to the edge of the screen, and lint, dust etc. accumulate at the edge of the useable display making it hard to clean safely.

Also, I hated having the ENTIRE iPad covered execpt for the actual display area. Might as well just be a Dell tablet inside. :)

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I thought for sure he was going to throw it off that cliff to show the durability... now THAT would have been bad ass!

Totally? Do you think the ipad would have died? Not thing to experiment on the ipad2 though with the shortages. Definitely coulda put a 1 in it though, just before the CRASHING TIDE!

That's exactly why I got rid of a similar leather case for my iPad 1. When the bezel is covered you can't touch to the edge of the screen, and lint, dust etc. accumulate at the edge of the useable display making it hard to clean safely.

Also, I hated having the ENTIRE iPad covered execpt for the actual display area. Might as well just be a Dell tablet inside. :)

Will not it help with wrist guard in writing though? As mentioned I'm down for the coverage. I'm thinking of buying a skin so I can pull it out and my Padi will have undies on...:p:p:pI thinks it's nicer, more durable, and more worth it than others of these homemaders!

jimmy4fingers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I can see dust and dirt getting trapped under the bezel and the constant friction making scratchs but it is cool looking I like my TARGUS VUE, my modified one of course look at my thread and you can check it out I love it!

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I thought for sure he was going to throw it off that cliff to show the durability... now THAT would have been bad ass!

Totally? Do you think the ipad would have died? Not thing to experiment on the ipad2 though with the shortages. Definitely coulda put a 1 in it though, just before the CRASHING TIDE!

Will not it help with wrist guard in writing though? As mentioned I'm down for the coverage. I'm thinking of buying a skin so I can pull it out and my Padi will have undies on...:p:p:pI thinks it's nicer, more durable, and more worth it than others of these homemaders!

Covering the bezel didn't help with wrist guard for me. Since the display area is still exposed my wrist ends up somewhere in the middle anyway.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best Saddleback Leather iPad

protection is the sleeve. They don't make it yet for the iPad2 but it sure is wonderful for the iPad. I am a serious Saddleback fan

iPad sleeve (For my iPad)
iPhone sleeve (x2)
Large Satchel
Medium Travel Case
Medium Brief Case
Medium thin briefcase (holds my MacBook Pro 15")
Wallet Bifold Medium
and Duffel Bag

All in chestnut. You could call me a Saddleback Leather believer. Their warranty is 100 years and if you ever see their work you will know why.

Most reactions

Latest posts