What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Saddleback iPad 2 case, sweeeet

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Silent Assassin said:
I thought for sure he was going to throw it off that cliff to show the durability... now THAT would have been bad ass!

Oh yeah, I kept thinking that, too. FLING! Splash! Fast forward twenty minutes later they dredge it out, trimmed with seaweed and a hermit crab scurrying off of it...

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like the look of all the Saddleback Leather products. Just not ready to pay the price for them. After college I will definitely give them another look though.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jman09 said:
I really like the look of all the Saddleback Leather products. Just not ready to pay the price for them. After college I will definitely give them another look though.

College is the exact reason I'm looking into them. They seem to be the only case with any level of shock absorbance. You know we have to move around a lot and things happen. At my school: those things would be tripping fire alarms, and in case sprinklers go off and the fat kid falls, I need something to break iPads fall.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The cases look beautiful but I'd rather get something that stands better in portrait and landscape.

I've got a smart cover but I also want something that covers the back...

4nefertiti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pagliacci said:
Saddleback makers of great hard working and stylish leather gear have just released their new iPad 2 case. Expensive but I think the best and most stylish way to wrap an iPad. You can check it out here http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/130. No I do not work for the company but I have a few of their products and absolutly love them.

Pagliacci

I looked at buying that case on Amazon but decided on the Yoobao leather case. Very happy with my choice ($40) for high quality leather which looks like it cost at least twice as much.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4nefertiti said:
I looked at buying that case on Amazon but decided on the Yoobao leather case. Very happy with my choice ($40) for high quality leather which looks like it cost at least twice as much.

The PU leather on Yoobao products and the genuine leather in products like Saddleback are quite entirely different classes of quality. (PU leather may look and feel and even smell like real leather to the untrained eye, but if you compare it side-by-side with the real thing, its inadequacies becomes very apparent.) It's a good substitute for the budget conscious, but you do get what you pay for.

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll never buy any case that puts a border around the front that only catches junk and inhibits proper cleaning. Case makers take note!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NumbLock said:
I'll never buy any case that puts a border around the front that only catches junk and inhibits proper cleaning. Case makers take note!

I'm a clean freak so I will probably clean it weekly. Boy I can't wait to whip that sucker in class or own a plain. At this rate, I need a strap, something to make a book strap out of or a PADSTRAP.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NumbLock said:

I'm a clean freak so I will probably clean it weekly. Boy I can't wait to whip that sucker in class or own a plain. At this rate, I need a strap, something to make a book strap out of or a PADSTRAP.

I think that's his point. Cases like this require that you remove the iPad to clean the glass under the case. On my similar leather case lint, dirt, oil, etc created a bead of grunge just under the lip of the cover. I had to pull the iPad out to clean the ridge of dirt, and I was even nurvous when I would slide the iPad out because of the junk rubbing against the during removal. Be very careful!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's with the Yoobao case where on Amazon it says they can't ship the case to my address in Canada?

It could a product not sold directly by Amazon but rather a third-party vendor on Amazon who doesn't want to ship abroad. I'd have thought you'd be able to get one off Fleabay (possibly direct from a China or HK-based seller) anyway.

OP
Pagliacci

Pagliacci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that leather folio style cases do collect dirt if used all the time and that the border is to close to the active screen and can interfere particulary when playing games.

I use two cases the leather one when i carry the iPad on its own and for business. It provides good protection and looks professional.

I use a griffin silicon sleeve mostly at home and when playing games. It provides good grip when on my lap or when held by hand. The edges are just big enough to hold the ipad with about 1.5 cm of clearance from the ipad screen.

As I interchange these cases at least once a day i do not have a problem with dirt build up with the leather case

Pagliacci

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pagliacci said:
I agree that leather folio style cases do collect dirt if used all the time and that the border is to close to the active screen and can interfere particulary when playing games.

I use two cases the leather one when i carry the iPad on its own and for business. It provides good protection and looks professional.

I use a griffin silicon sleeve mostly at home and when playing games. It provides good grip when on my lap or when held by hand. The edges are just big enough to hold the ipad with about 1.5 cm of clearance from the ipad screen.

As I interchange these cases at least once a day i do not have a problem with dirt build up with the leather case

Pagliacci

I have a macally bookstand 2 as well. Are those borders sufficient for gaming?

OP
Pagliacci

Pagliacci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes i find having a silicon case that wraps around the edge slightly give a good grip on the edge for my hands. Also the slicon case i have has ridges on the back wich also offers a good grip when supported on my lap or in my hand. The silicon case i have is a gecko not a griffin, apologies.

I have the gecko glove. You canview it here http://www.geckogear.com/p/1050420/gecko-glove---black.html

Pagliacci

Most reactions

Latest posts