What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New pages doc = operation is not permitted?!

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just tried to make a new Pages document by loading the Pages App and pressing 1 time on the “Blank” template and was told that the Operation is not permitted.

The error was phrased weirdly, because it said (in Rain Man fashion):

“The operation is not permitted. Operation not permitted. Operation not permitted [OK]”

Has my iPad just lost all of its brains?

EDIT: Seems very serious issue. I can take a screen capture of this error, but when I try to save it to Files, I get the same error as when trying to create a new Pages document...

“The operation is not permitted. Operation not permitted. Operation not permitted [OK]”

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, make sure Pages is up to date. Just in case it’s easy, but:

Combining this with your other question about Files, I’m beginning to wonder of you don’t have a problem with the file system itself, or the hardware storage.

If you have not done a restart recently, do so.

If that does not work, try drilling down in the Apple Support app until you get to chat, and see if anyone will help you. Or if an Apple Store is near and convenient, let them have a look.

I’m guessing they will suggest a reset and restore, but better to ask the experts first.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Early today, I did do a restart and I’m keeping my eye peeled for any kind of weird behavior.
I’m not yet at the point of going to the genius bar; I want to first exhaust all the things that I can do here. Thank you for your suggestions!

Most reactions

Latest posts