What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New on this forum, not on iPad

GrumpyYorks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I've been using an iPad for about 3 years, and Macs for more than 10 but still have difficulties with the tablet from time to time. I've read the manual - several times. I think it's a great device, usually meaning I don't need to carry my MacBook around with me, but far from perfect and Apple often less than helpful. So I've come here as I'm hoping to find a more helpful community when I post a question, as I will be doing soon. Good to meet you. A grumpy tyke.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I've been using an iPad for about 3 years, and Macs for more than 10 but still have difficulties with the tablet from time to time. I've read the manual - several times. I think it's a great device, usually meaning I don't need to carry my MacBook around with me, but far from perfect and Apple often less than helpful. So I've come here as I'm hoping to find a more helpful community when I post a question, as I will be doing soon. Good to meet you. A grumpy tyke.
Welcome to iPad Forums, @GrumpyYorks!

If you have any questions or problems, we'll do our best to help.

OP
GrumpyYorks

GrumpyYorks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. First question: how do I browse a forum? I can search the forums, or a specific forum, using keywords but, maybe I'm dumb, I don't seem to be able to open a specific forum and see what's in it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you look at the top of any forum page, there are various headings, including Forums. Tap on it and you will see a list of all the different forums. If you tap on a forum heading, you'll see a list of all threads in that particular forum.
Just below the line with the different main headings, at the right, is a search icon. Tap on it and you'll be presented with a search field where you can search for keywords or forum members.
IMG_1552.JPG
IMG_1553.PNG
IMG_1550.PNG

OP
GrumpyYorks

GrumpyYorks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you look at the top of any forum page, there are various headings, including Forums. Tap on it and you will see a list of all the different forums. If you tap on a forum heading, you'll see a list of all threads in that particular forum.
Just below the line with the different main headings, at the right, is a search icon. Tap on it and you'll be presented with a search field where you can search for keywords or forum members.
View attachment 74236 View attachment 74237 View attachment 74238

OP
GrumpyYorks

GrumpyYorks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks, understood. Now I have to work out which forum to put my 'technical' question as I don't think it's about any particular iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts