What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New MS Office Solution

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Holy smoke folks - I'v been struggling with what to do with sharing my docs between my computer and the iPad. I even wasted the money to buy iWork for my MacbookPro and iPad.

I heard about this new program on a podcast - and it works great. It's called Office2 HD. Costs about $6. It allows you to link to either your Google docs or your Mobile Me account - and then either copy docs over - or open them directly from you iPad, make whatever changes you want - and then save them back to your mobile me cloud disc. So far very impressed - I think I've found my documenet management solution.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Holy smoke folks - I'v been struggling with what to do with sharing my docs between my computer and the iPad. I even wasted the money to buy iWork for my MacbookPro and iPad.

I heard about this new program on a podcast - and it works great. It's called Office2 HD. Costs about $6. It allows you to link to either your Google docs or your Mobile Me account - and then either copy docs over - or open them directly from you iPad, make whatever changes you want - and then save them back to your mobile me cloud disc. So far very impressed - I think I've found my documenet management solution.
Thanks very much! I have several files, not including billing, that I would like to work over on the iPad.

airwake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been playing with this for the last few weeks. I mainly wanted it for the excel functionality, all my bills are updated in excel. I noticed it really lags though when you start putting formulas in it. I guess I'll have to work on minimizing the file and tabs so I can use it easily on the iPad. I still have a hard time getting to the tools bar to hide rows or columns.

scarrz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoodReader for iPad

Take a look at GoodReader its .99 cents and will do everything you want, including syncing with google docs, plus much more including the ability to upload documents via wifi to your ipad if your own the same network as your pc.
Its one of the top selling apps right now for ipad. Highly recommend.

App Shopper: GoodReader for iPad (Productivity)

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Hardly new, it's talked about in several post here..... But could be s good solution.

I have owned documents2go since the Palm days, and use it on my iPhone. On the iPad the iPhone version is just unusable. But, they are in the process of updating it for the iPad. If the update is not what I need, then I will buy Office 2

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi David, Almost one month i use Office2HD (as we don’t have iWork) it’s cheaper it’s true
convenient but to some excel file it make a mess , i have take face at this problem 2 times other than this it work …

Last edited:

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
It also doesn't work with 2007 versions of MS office. But as far as I can tell, nothing does. Several programs can view 2007 versions of files, but I cannot find anything that can edit them.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Odd that no one supports Office 2007, which is an open format, but they do the obsolete and propriety .doc/.xls format.

I'm hoping the Documents To Go upgrade works as well as their other versions. I've been a customer since my PalmPilot days, so of course I had to buy it form my iPod touch.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Odd that no one supports Office 2007, which is an open format, but they do the obsolete and propriety .doc/.xls format.

I'm hoping the Documents To Go upgrade works as well as their other versions. I've been a customer since my PalmPilot days, so of course I had to buy it form my iPod touch.

I'm with you on hope for the iPad version. The latest docs2go update now has dropbox and it works great. When it all formats to the iPad screen I think it will be the best doc2go ever......at least I hope so.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm with you on hope for the iPad version. The latest docs2go update now has dropbox and it works great. When it all formats to the iPad screen I think it will be the best doc2go ever......at least I hope so.

I am waiting for Docs to Go as well. I works great on My Storm 2 so I am pretty sure that it will work well on iPad. For me the key is seeing complex powerpoint presentations. Comeon Docs to Go - we are ready to give you some $ :)

-Greg

Most reactions

Latest posts