What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Mockup Image Suggests What the 'iPad Pro' Might Look Like

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
ipadpromockup.png

After rumors related to a potential iPad Pro launch have taken a short break, we're back with an interesting report coming from a Chinese website and being spotted first by the NoWhereElse.fr publication. The above screenshot that you see is said to showcase an industrial prototype of the upcoming 12.9-inch "iPad Pro". What we see appears to be only the purported case which is said to be a reference for creating cases and other accessories. The source mentions that it is made out of aluminum.

The exact size of the prototype is impossible to judge from the photo, but it seems to have a bigger size than your regular iPad tablet. The leaked image doesn't disclose virtually no other details, besides the carved in Apple logo and the top right positioned camera of an unknown capacity. If Apple indeed launches an iPad Pro with a size of 12.9-inch, then it would be similar in size to a 13-inch MacBook Air, so it could cannibalize the sales of Apple's popular tablet.

Where most of the rumors seem to agree is that the iPad Pro could adopt many of the same design elements offered in the current iPad Air and Retina iPad mini, which includes an ultrathin chassis and narrow side bezels. Even if Apple doesn't launch it this year, there are still big chances that we might see it in 2015. Of course, there's also a big chance that Apple will never launch, but until we don't get the official confirmation or denial, all that we can do is to speculate.

Source: NoWhereElse

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought this rumor had been shot down. :)

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what's the point of having an iPad that big? I mean I imagine that would get tiring very quickly carrying and holding it. And if you want something that size why not get an iMac?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
the applications I see if you want touch input on a large point-of-sale system. Or possibly for real-estate showing of homes....I think it would definitely be a niche product...not for your everyday iPad user...which I think is the reason for the "Pro" designation.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
the applications I see if you want touch input on a large point-of-sale system. Or possibly for real-estate showing of homes....I think it would definitely be a niche product...not for your everyday iPad user...which I think is the reason for the "Pro" designation.

I agree that it would be a niche product but it could be a money maker for apple. I agree with James in that a tablet stops being a tablet after a certain size and or weight. At some point you are just holding a flat panel TV in your hands. :D

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree that it would be a niche product but it could be a money maker for apple. I agree with James in that a tablet stops being a tablet after a certain size and or weight. At some point you are just holding a flat panel TV in your hands. :D

A flat panel TV with a touch enabled screen and running iOS. These things make a huge difference.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what's the point of having an iPad that big? I mean I imagine that would get tiring very quickly carrying and holding it. And if you want something that size why not get an iMac?

Don't underestimate it. It can have really good uses in the future when it is released.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I'd buy it immediately.

Im not too old or in the eyes a'fading stage yet, but, the iphone is a no go zone for me - way way too small and fiddly screen. Too frustrating. Cant personally do anything productive on it other than browse. The ipad is fine. Certainly wouldnt want to go smaller, but again, fiddly and would be great with a larger screen.

So yes, with current and new coming technologies i can easily see the ipad maxi being ultra thin and light and a much viable device. Apple seem to be entertaining the idea of every other gadget size and combination on the market, so why not a large ipad? They can certainly afford the r&d for it even if it fails. It'd be like a single skin macbook.

Most reactions