What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shaire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Folks, this is Sean, brand new member here! I actually don't own an iPad but my wife does. I'm here primarily to try to figure out why she can't sent email anymore...will search threads of post a new one:confused:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Sean - welcome to the forum! :)

You could certainly try searching - there have been plenty of threads on this topic so an answer might be already available?

If you start a 'new' thread, please provided more detail on your wife's issue, e.g. type of account being used, Wi-Fi and/or 3G problem, can she still receive e-mail, and any other information that might be useful?

Also, has she restarted the iPad (similar to a re-boot)? If you have a modem/router, try a power recycling (i.e. off-on). In addition, check into the settings area under her email setup - might first try renewing the lease. Just some initial suggestions - good luck!

OP
S

shaire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I actually figured it out. I had to mess around with the outgoing SMTP mail settings and it finally worked. The funny thing is, I thought I had done all of that before. I even deleted her account several times and started from scratch, and yes I rebooted several times, the iPad, wireless router and cable modem. I really had to force port 25, the iPad would keep changing it on me. Then I turned of SSL, then it worked...! The problem started when we were in Greece on Holiday. My wife tried to send an email but didn't realize that she couldn't use the iPad mail program because the settings were associated with our home ISP. I think the iPad tried to find the outgoing mail server of where we were, and I just couldn't change it back...

Most reactions

Latest posts