What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new member in da house

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

New guy here.

I'm a recent convert from PC to Mac. I got the iMac 21.5". Been using the iPhone 3G (which I love) for 1.5 years. And now I can't wait to get my hands on the iPad. Gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie!

See you all on the board.

Dennis

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dennis,

Did you have the iPhone before any other Mac device (or an iPod?)

That seems to be part of the Halo effect Apple keeps talking about and it sure seems to be working.

Welcome to the site!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Dennis, after work with PC for more than 10 years, one and half year ago i move to mac, now i will never return in PC in the pas usually every 6 to 8 month i have to reinstall my OS , with mac i even don't know how to that, and i never need to do : CTRL+ALT+DEL ... just this totally change my working time :) the only bad point in Mac come from the microsoft software like MSN or excel :mad:

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Dennis! Those new 21.5 iMacs are sweet. I'm currently using an older 20" iMac but should be upgrading soon.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey all,

New guy here.

I'm a recent convert from PC to Mac. I got the iMac 21.5". Been using the iPhone 3G (which I love) for 1.5 years. And now I can't wait to get my hands on the iPad. Gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie!

See you all on the board.

Dennis

Welcome to the Ipad forums Dennis!

Btw: Gimmie, Gimmie never gets.j/k.

OP
dennis

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dennis,

Did you have the iPhone before any other Mac device (or an iPod?)

Hi JohnnyApple,

Yes... In 2005 I got an iPod classic 20GB as "gift" for taking a two week training on Check Point firewalls. I gave it to my wife and it sat on a shelf for 6 months because she's not very interested in gadgets. Eventually I put all our music on it and she came to like it. I used my iRiver mp3 player from 2003 until 2007, at which point I got the iPod touch G1. I immediately fell in love with it and wished I had gotten the iPhone. I managed to hold out until the iPhone 3G came out in 2008 and got the 16 GB model. I gave the iPod touch to my sister.

Then last month it was finally time to replace my 6 year old PC (yikes). This is my first Mac since 1994 when I bought a used Mac (II i believe) for $50 to get me through an assembly language programming course in college. Anyway I wanted the iMac because I wanted an all-in-one PC, and I needed a powerful one so that I could run lots of VM's for work stuff and do HD video editing. The new iMac 21.5" was the only all-in-one that met all my requirements: RAM upgradable to 8GB, a processor of at least 3Ghz, with resolution no lower than1680x1050. I actually did a side-by-side comparison of the iMac against the all-in-ones from Lenovo, Dell, HP, Sony, and Gateway. The iMac won on performance stats alone. Not to mention it looks gorgeous even when it's turned off.

Sorry for blabbing. That was probably TMI. Anyway thanks for the welcome!

Dennis
--------
iPhone 3G, 16GB
iMac 21.5", 3.33GHz, 8GB RAM

OP
dennis

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Dennis, after work with PC for more than 10 years, one and half year ago i move to mac, now i will never return in PC in the pas usually every 6 to 8 month i have to reinstall my OS <snip>

IpadOne,
OMG me too. I must have installed & reinstalled WinXP every six months for the past 8-9 years on several machines (home PC, work laptop, dad's PC and my sister's PC). I'm so sick of it.

I will give some credit to Microsoft for Windows 7. So far it appears to be fairly stable and performs much better than Vista. But it's too little, too late as far as I'm concerned.

Plus I'm a little bit of a Linux guy so I am happy to be using OS X.

Dennis
--------
iPod Touch G1, 16GB
iPhone 3G, 16GB
iMac 21.5", 3.33GHz, 8GB RAM

Most reactions

Latest posts