What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member, a VERY newbie new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

myeager

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello...

I am a middle school teacher and just got an iPad for school use. I am trying to find an app that will let me create, manipulate and save Excel files on my iPad. Please advise and speak very slowly. :)

Thanks....

M

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there-have you tried some of the apps from iWork's? Look at Numbers-which allows you to do what you are asking for.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also...

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forum. It's good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Another good app you might want to look at or research is Documents to Go. Yet another is Office2HD.

One caution is - don't expect to have the full power of Excel with these programs, even with Apple's Numbers app. They are good for basic editing and such, but for full powered Excel processing, you'd really need a computer and Microsoft's Excel.

But still, the apps mentioned can do the job for what most people want, so, happy researching.

Marilyn

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
myeager said:
Hello...

I am a middle school teacher and just got an iPad for school use. I am trying to find an app that will let me create, manipulate and save Excel files on my iPad. Please advise and speak very slowly. :)

Thanks....

M

As a iPad noob, I found my solution to creating, manipulating, and saving EXCEL files on my new iPad 3 is first downloading DropBox (a cloud storage that's free for the 1st 2 GB) and then downloading OnCloud which provides a fairly complete version of MS Office that I use to work w/docx, pptx, & xlsx files.

Delilahbear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use both numbers and Docs To Go. Sometimes DTG requires a bit of manipulation, but it does work with word documents, .pdfs, and excel. I even download ppt docs to it on my iPhone. I rarely use it for iPad, but rather the iPhone which I have with me all the time.
Good Luck and have fun exploring all of the good things the iPad can do for you.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use both numbers and Docs To Go. Sometimes DTG requires a bit of manipulation, but it does work with word documents, .pdfs, and excel. I even download ppt docs to it on my iPhone. I rarely use it for iPad, but rather the iPhone which I have with me all the time.
Good Luck and have fun exploring all of the good things the iPad can do for you.

Thank you for posting to help this member but as this thread is very old and the member has not been back after receiving some good options, we will now close this thread.

Thank you for your understanding

.................THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions