What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Mach 3 Composites Carbon Fiber iPad Covers

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glossy, Matte

DbbCM.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

gsr1379

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice. Something I have been looking at from another place.

Will it dock?

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The port for docking is cut away and accessible. The cover is tapered to match the contour of the back of the iPad.

JAILBIRD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice looking covers! I just have a few quick questions. How does the cover attach to the iPad, does it "snap" on? Also, is there any sort of lining to prevent rubbing on the back of the iPad? Thanks for any help!

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does snap in very smoothly. The cover is very rigid so no movement occurs between the iPad and the carbon fiber cover. The cover/iPad combination will also fit into our carbon fiber iPad cases. The cover is great for protection during normal use and the case will provide maximum protection for storage and transportation.

MJ5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally dig the matte. Why is there a big cutout along the back, and it's not on the glossy one? I'm not referring to the circle cut out. Also, do you have any close up pics of the sides? I am wondering how the cutouts for the volume control and so on look. There are a few nice options for CF covers for the iPad, but I'm down for buying from a supporting vendor if it fits my needs.

-Mike

Last edited:

MJ5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about answering my questions please?

I'll buy one right now if I can get a matte one that is the same style as glossy, and the sides are covered adequately.

-Mike

Last edited:
OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about answering my questions please?

I'll buy one right now if I can get a matte one that is the same style as glossy, and the sides are covered adequately.

-Mike

Hi Mike,
Sorry I did not see your post on the bottom of the first page. I will post some pictures for you of the sides so you can see better. We will also be updating our site in a few days. The difference between the two cases are the matte is for the 3G and the glossy is for the wifi only. This has to do with the 5 antennas in the 3G ipad. Right now we only do the two styles the way you see them. We will probably add more options in the future but we have to limit how many variations we do for cost reasons. Hope this helps.

Kevin

MJ5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great info!! Thank you Kevin. I am very anxious to make a purchase. I just got my iPad, so I want to get it protected. I have two CF and one Kevlar case for my Droid.

Could you describe the sides while I wait for pics please? I know some guys leave the sides totally wide open, and opt for some side protection on the corners. Others fill some of the sides, and leave big cutouts around the openings. I am sure you know about the other guys designs for CF iPad covers. As I said, I am committed to buying from a supporting vendor first, so you have the first crack at earning my business. Let me know please. I'd like to order tomorrow if I can so you can ship Monday. Sorry for the firedrill, I just know what I want and don't like to wait. :)

I don't mind the glossy after all. All my Droid cases are glossy.

-Mike

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts