What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi catalyst...I don't think there is a release date out for the Philippines, unless you get it elsewhere.

This is what I took from my notes:

Retina display-higher
A5x processor, quad core graphics-twice as fast and 4 times the performance...
iSight camera-5 MP
4g lte
Voice recognition
Bezel gesture

Have you gone to our iPad 3 section?

By the way....

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5 Guideline Manual. iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please do not forget to read the Rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

butchjerez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bagong bili ko last week. super ang retina display. pag nakita mo baka ayaw mo na sa ipad2. pati ang rear camera nya, sulit. grabe ang detalye. benta mo na ang ipad2 mo para palitan mo ng new ipad.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ang mahirap para sa akin mag-isip ng kung bakit ay i kailangan upang makuha ang bagong ipad kapag mayroon i sa ipad 2. Oo, nakikita namin ang mga pagpapabuti sa ang retina display at kameral detalye, ngunit ang aking ipad 2 pa rin gumagana ng mahusay para sa akin. Ngayon ... kung i nagkaroon ng ipad1, na naiiba, gusto ko para bang makakuha ng isang bagong isa!

Also:

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

butchjerez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when you are a gadget lover. you will always want the latest and the hottest. it does not matter if you own the previous version or not. i still have a core2duo laptop computer in perfect working order but i still did bought or rather assembled an i7 desktop with 120gb ssd and all bells and whistles. i think the question is about money. but if you were able to buy ipad2 then i think you can afford to buy the new ipad which costs the same. bigay mo na lang sa utol mo yung luma. hehehe

" maraming bata ang nagugutom sa africa na walang ipad. "

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am a gadget lover, but only had my iPad since September. Prior to, I had purchased an iPod classic, touch, shuffle and nano. Loved all of them, but only discovered the ultimate when I purchased the iPad!

butchjerez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
right on the mark skimonkey. i did not buy the ipad1 cause it cant match pc resolution, clunky and untested product. the ipad2 just matches my old pc resolution. but the ipad 3 just grabbed my attention when i listened to tim cook's presentation. if you have an ipad2 i dont think it is worth to buy the new ipad if you have ipad2. remember it is just an upgrade from the former.wait for the proper ipad 3 which maybe released next year. just dont go near any new ipad so you wont compare it with the old one.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, Butch...I wish I could have the strength to not go into our Local Best Buy! For one thing, I love their staff and another-I get my fix playing with all the electronic gadgets and ipads!

I agree with you-ramping from the 2 to the new ipad. For some, though, they get a new ipad every year. I'm more of a person who decides on a purchase when my old one no longer works or that support on it is has stopped.

I watched Keynote for the first time-Me and one of the Super Moderators were messaging each other about all the new things coming soon! It was really exciting--so glad I had the day off for that!

Enjoy--are you still in the PI?

aqui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Oh, Butch...I wish I could have the strength to not go into our Local Best Buy! For one thing, I love their staff and another-I get my fix playing with all the electronic gadgets and ipads!

I agree with you-ramping from the 2 to the new ipad. For some, though, they get a new ipad every year. I'm more of a person who decides on a purchase when my old one no longer works or that support on it is has stopped.

I watched Keynote for the first time-Me and one of the Super Moderators were messaging each other about all the new things coming soon! It was really exciting--so glad I had the day off for that!

Enjoy--are you still in the PI?

Can i butt in...mga kabayang pinoy, i'm an apple lover when i got my 1st ipod touch and never look back whatever gadget i want because apple simplify the life of every gadget lover by introducing innovations in every apple products and best of all, the warranty..no problemo since birth...but i chose to get a windows pc instead of mac because most of my needs are pattern on windows platform so i stick to what served me most. I let go of my laptop to give way for an ipad 2 and it really become part of my daily life...every gadget i own, i make sure that it really serves it purpose, kaya iphone for call and text function, social networks and reminders, ipad 2 for viewing emails, ebooks, social, research and sometimes movie watching. Sa ipod touch lumabo mata ko so i always tell my friends that never play games in 7in screen lower or read ebooks for hours at masisira lang mata. Ipad 9in screen is the ideal size, my nano's serves me well paired w/ beats on ear whenever im travelling and i need to relax.

My observation w/ the new ipad was really an eye catching tablet especially the retina display and the promising 4g lte...but i am not willing to exchange my ipad 2 w/ the improved resolution as i am no longer crave for retina movies because i was able to squeeze all my selected HD movies so i did not find it very much appealing. The 4g lte is another story, since 4g is way out of Philippine radar according to our telecom networks here, buying a 4g lte gadget will not justify the cost so upgrading is not really an option for ipad 2 user if practicality and usability in terms of network is the gauge but if resolution is the topic, there's no question about it, go and grab the new ipad.

Upgrading to a new gadget depends on the capacity to buy, there's no question about it but the technology never stops so it boils down to how every gadget serves its purpose or we're just collecting every piece apple wants us to have.

Im trying this nokia lumia 900 that might complement my pc..but still my ipad 2 deserves the throne on my heirarchy of gadget arsenal.

Most reactions

Latest posts