What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new Ipad user, already hating Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Oh man, you make me laugh so hard.

Reading your comment and than the user name afterwards :D :p

Hahaha, yes, indeed. iPadZombie that I am, I still get creeped out by people who defend the prison walls. :)

They are just opinions that differ from yours. To you, you are right, to them, they are right. I for one defend the walls. My wife still goes to bed with me so I can't be all that creepy.;)

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadzombie said:
Hahaha, yes, indeed. iPadZombie that I am, I still get creeped out by people who defend the prison walls. :)

Good analogy! Of course it's a prison the size of a continent - Australia comes to mind - but if you're one of the ones who is always looking for a frontier, or something not on that continent, it would be a problem.

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Oh man, you make me laugh so hard.

Reading your comment and than the user name afterwards :D :p

I hear ya man but android users do the same, we all do have bias for a product we love, as you can see im typing this from my DROID X and have always liked android anda at one point would despise anything apple because that's the android fanboy way an the same the other way around. That was my train of thought until I bought my ipad2 at least, I love, love, love apple products now and do still like android (notice the like) but not in the same fashion. I love the customizable features of android and a pc but also love apple for the simplistic beauty and great app integration, point being we all like what we like and everyone will defend what they like not just apple fanboys

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ipadzombie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gmenfan83 said:
I hear ya man but android users do the same, we all do have bias for a product we love, as you can see im typing this from my DROID X and have always liked android anda at one point would despise anything apple because that's the android fanboy way an the same the other way around. That was my train of thought until I bought my ipad2 at least, I love, love, love apple products now and do still like android (notice the like) but not in the same fashion. I love the customizable features of android and a pc but also love apple for the simplistic beauty and great app integration, point being we all like what we like and everyone will defend what they like not just apple fanboys

I totally agree, and while my heart is always on the side of freedom and individualism and customization... and a community that can better a product rather than be forced to adhere to its dictatorship... I do love my iPad.

So, if I can just appeal to the iPad lovers and Apple fans... if those lowly Android people can have bluetooth toggles and wifi toggles and the Android parents let their kids customize their devices.... Shouldn't we the chosen ones who have spent so much more money for iPad greatness be afforded the same freedoms?! Why should we have to remain behind the times? Apple iPad rules! Our ability and functionality and freedoms should be second to no one for we are the best! Who's with me? :)

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gmenfan83 said:

I totally agree, and while my heart is always on the side of freedom and individualism and customization... and a community that can better a product rather than be forced to adhere to its dictatorship... I do love my iPad.

So, if I can just appeal to the iPad lovers and Apple fans... if those lowly Android people can have bluetooth toggles and wifi toggles and the Android parents let their kids customize their devices.... Shouldn't we the chosen ones who have spent so much more money for iPad greatness be afforded the same freedoms?! Why should we have to remain behind the times? Apple iPad rules! Our ability and functionality and freedoms should be second to no one for we are the best! Who's with me? :)
lol i understand , i dont think its behind the times i just think its making a product that does not require the customization to a certain level, ok other than users like myself and another say 10% of the smart phone population who run custom roms and take things to a sometimes ubsurd level i think that the level of customization is fine, i mean without rooting your android device theres not too much more you can do other than a dock, wallpaper, and some widgets, so minus the widgets (which eat up way too much backround memory) and a dock and you have an iphone, there may be a few things im missing but my point is that theres not too much more you can do without a crazy level of involvment but people like us like that involvment, also if i could not root and run roms on my DX then i would ditch it in a heartbeat for an iphone and still may just for some change, i have tried both together stock and at that point imo iphone is so much smoother. Another point is we as people will never be happy lol, even with all the crazy customization you can get with an android if you go (pertaining to the DX) to the forums people still cry over locked boot loaders etc, so we as a whole will never be satisfied, i feel that is the human way!

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mom bought a piece of belly pork from the butchers on Monday. When she got it home, the rind was black in places and there were some black hairs on it too. She took it back and got her money back.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

rdclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some people are tool freaks. They look for tasks just so they can use and accumulate more tools. Other people are ore focused on tasks, and don't acquire tools until they understand what they need to do and what will work best to achieve that goal.

I've been building and using PCs since the early Eighties, like many of you. I still use them for mission-critical tasks, even ones often more associated with Macs: video editing (Grass Valley Edius), audio editing (Sound Forge), image editing (CS5), etc. I have five Windows machines in my home, including two desktops that I built. My computers all work well, and are as fast as their OSs and hardware will let them be.

I bought an iPad 2 because I was sick and tired of trying to have a satisfactory experience with a netbook as a personal "sidekick." I didn't need it to edit video or sound files, or create PowerPoint presentations, or edit long documents. I needed it to read Kindle books, watch Netflix videos, find restaurants, give me directions to the theater, play games, do email, replace my older iPod and my Flip camcorder. Stuff like that. Mostly things that many people do with their smartphones, but I don't talk on the phone much and didn't want to pay for a plan (but I did want to have 3G for when I was traveling).

I wanted something that would last all day, but that didn't have to boot every time I needed it. I wanted something that was so fast that I would never perceive wait-time. I wanted it to be light and easy to handle. I wanted to be able to hand it to my wife without having to give her lessons every... single... time she was trying something new.

I wanted it to relieve stress in my life, not add more. And the iPad 2, walled garden and all, is giving me what I wanted.

There are people in my own circle who think they can tell me that I shouldn't want what I want. But you know, when the crowd thins out they're usually the ones who want to play with my iPad.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mom bought a piece of belly pork from the butchers on Monday. When she got it home, the rind was black in places and there were some black hairs on it too. She took it back and got her money back.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

That there is funny!

Reaction score
Some people are tool freaks.

There are people in my own circle who think they can tell me that I shouldn't want what I want. But you know, when the crowd thins out they're usually the ones who want to play with my iPad.

I'm more of a Mcgyver type. I want to do lots of tasks but with the minimum number of tools needed. I use screwdrivers with changeable tips type minimum.
That last statement: ain't that the truth? I'm not one to show off my gadgets but there are plenty around me that if they find I have something have an opinion BEFORE using it as to whether it is any good or not.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
I'm more of a Mcgyver type. I want to do lots of tasks but with the minimum number of tools needed. I use screwdrivers with changeable tips type minimum.
That last statement: ain't that the truth? I'm not one to show off my gadgets but there are plenty around me that if they find I have something have an opinion BEFORE using it as to whether it is any good or not.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

So true!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The problem between open and closed will only get worse as the computer as an appliance becomes more defined.

In many ways it's demanding a change in mindset from users who are accustomed to tweaking their machines. Tweaking is a luxury despite how essential we believe it is. A luxury due to the power and flexibility of modern computers. Indeed the openness of modern computers is one of the reasons that it's not more widely used by the public.
Too many choices lead to confusion and indecision.

Gadgets such as the iPad are much more tightly constricted due to limitations created by low power, instant on/off, small memory and storage as well as battery life etc..It's designed to act like an appliance.

On, perform function ,off. In the way that you open the fridge door, light comes on, you remove item and close door when the light goes off.

Some of our ancestors liked to decorate their spears, others probably did the minimum maintenance. In the end it was how they used them that counted.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
The problem between open and closed will only get worse as the computer as an appliance becomes more defined.

In many ways it's demanding a change in mindset from users who are accustomed to tweaking their machines. Tweaking is a luxury despite how essential we believe it is. A luxury due to the power and flexibility of modern computers. Indeed the openness of modern computers is one of the reasons that it's not more widely used by the public.
Too many choices lead to confusion and indecision.

Gadgets such as the iPad are much more tightly constricted due to limitations created by low power, instant on/off, small memory and storage as well as battery life etc..It's designed to act like an appliance.

On, perform function ,off. In the way that you open the fridge door, light comes on, you remove item and close door when the light goes off.

Some of our ancestors liked to decorate their spears, others probably did the minimum maintenance. In the end it was how they used them that counted.

I bet those iSpears were really cool, were they made from a single piece of aluminium?

The Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts