What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad User (32G w/ 3G)

hr1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying to find out the best deal possible for 3G service. AT&T is $25 for 2G and Verizon is $35 for 3G...which is the better deal. I hear some people say they never go over 250mb and others saying unlimited is the way to go because of the amount of movies being streamed..etc. What is the better deal and is 2G really more than enough from what I've been hearing from other people?

Also does Sprint have a version also? Do you have to purchase the mifi device from verizon or does it come with the service. And do all three (if Sprint offers) wireless services require a contract or can you just go month-to-month. I know Virgin mobile has unlimited for $40...thoughts for this new iPad user...

dingster1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Virgin Mobile mifi option. definitely cheaper than adding to my Verizon contract. The initial output is cheaper for the VM at $140 and then either $10 or $40 depending on your needs

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying to find out the best deal possible for 3G service. AT&T is $25 for 2G and Verizon is $35 for 3G...which is the better deal. I hear some people say they never go over 250mb and others saying unlimited is the way to go because of the amount of movies being streamed..etc. What is the better deal and is 2G really more than enough from what I've been hearing from other people?

Also does Sprint have a version also? Do you have to purchase the mifi device from verizon or does it come with the service. And do all three (if Sprint offers) wireless services require a contract or can you just go month-to-month. I know Virgin mobile has unlimited for $40...thoughts for this new iPad user...
Currently Verizon is only offering the mifi @$35 for 3Gb of data and I don't know what the other offering is. I have heard that Sprint has their mifi and they offer unlimited data for $40 and plus the cost of renting the mifi device if you don't buy it outright. and then virgin mobile offers mifi unlimited data for $40 I think.

Most reactions

Latest posts