What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad transferring movies from iTunes to iPad

upsfeedr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do drag movies from my iTunes to play on my new iPad.. i want to do it just like music i keep getting a error message.. i get can not be copied to this iPad is their a way to do it? do i need handbrake? any help please don't want to buy my movies..

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Need more info. Some file types are incompatible with the iPad.

You SHOULD be able to drag ripped movies to your iPad from iTunes, so there is something else going on here.

I'm a bit bothered when you say you don't want to buy movies. Please tell me these are not pirate downloads. (Don't be offended. Piracy is against iPF policy, so we like to be sure we are not giving advice on how to do it successfully.)

I use DVDFab8 to rip DVDs. It outputs to various formats including iPad and iPhone. I've never used Handbrake, but I've read here that it works well.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

PinkPrincess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 kevin
My friend had this problem , unable to "drag n drop" and it was because the file (movie) was not the right format for ipad to read i.e h.264 , mpeg4 etc.
Once formatted you can "drag n drop"
best of luck
:)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
makai said:
i bought a movie from iTunes & want to put it on my iPad4; how do i do this?

Go into the iTunes purchase history on your iPad 4, look for movies not on this iPad. It should be there. Tap the cloud symbol to start the download.

Most reactions