What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad releases with much improved HD Camera!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
apple-ipad3-cam.jpg

The camera in the new iPad will be much improved! 5-megapixel backside illuminated sensor on the back, 5-element lens, IR filter, Auto-exposure, auto-focus, and ISP built into ​the A5X chip. It will now also be capable of 1080p video recording. "Wherever you are, you want to grab a​ video for work or play or school you've got a great camera to grab that with."

Source: Engadget

Last edited by a moderator:

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank goodness! The iPad 2 had a rather disappointing camera. Love the one on the 4s.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jawa6306 said:
Thank goodness! The iPad 2 had a rather disappointing camera. Love the one on the 4s.

Not to change the I device buy the iPod 4 touch really had a sucky camera .5 megapixel. Fantastic for outside shots or highly lighted indoor shots. And of course the HD Viseo recording is great.

Now have iPhone 4s great 8mp camera.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WitchOneSalem said:
Not to change the I device but the iPod 4 touch really had a sucky camera .5 megapixel. Fantastic for outside shots or highly lighted indoor shots. And of course the HD Viseo recording is great.

Now have iPhone 4s great 8mp camera.

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used my 4s to take professional quality shots for newspapers and magazines before when I see something and don't have an SLR on me. Granted I wouldn't use it for a full page pic but a high resolution 5x7 is a snap.

Most reactions