What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Mini and headphones

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I notice that the new mini doesn’t have a headphone Jack anymore. I don’t use one on my iPad Mini 5 very often as my iPad Pro 10.5” came with headphones with a lightning connector so I use those on my Mini. Are there USB-C adapters suitable for headphone use with the new iPad Mini? I realise we’re suppose to buy Bluetooth ear buds but I refuse to pay £159 for something that only costs a few pounds to make and is extremely easy to loose!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I notice that the new mini doesn’t have a headphone Jack anymore. I don’t use one on my iPad Mini 5 very often as my iPad Pro 10.5” came with headphones with a lightning connector so I use those on my Mini. Are there USB-C adapters suitable for headphone use with the new iPad Mini? I realise we’re suppose to buy Bluetooth ear buds but I refuse to pay £159 for something that only costs a few pounds to make and is extremely easy to loose!

Apple sells a headphone adapter that plugs into the charging port. It’s a lot cheaper than a set of good Bluetooth headphones.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Based upon great reviews, I bought VAVA MOOV28 Bluetooth headphones for around $25. I don't use them often, but the sound is far better than the price would suggest (and I'm something of an audiophile). Google for details and vendors.

OP
Willster

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple sells a headphone adapter that plugs into the charging port. It’s a lot cheaper than a set of good Bluetooth headphones.
Ah yes, I’ve just had a look. Quite inexpensive as well at only £9.

jkingrph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got a set of these

Quality of wires does not seem as good as Apple pods but time will tell , I just got them two days ago so have not used much. Sound is fine.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As has been pointed out, there are cheaper Bluetooth headsets that work ok with Apple products. They lack some of the gee-wiz features, but are fine for casual listening.

Apple does make a USB-C to Lightning adaptor. They also make a set of USB-C headphones.

Like headphones, there are cheaper options on the market. Just be careful how cheap you go. Apple may be priced highish, but the quality tends to match (roughly) the price. Super cheap devices also tend to be worth their price.

Most reactions

Latest posts