What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ipad charging question

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bought a new Ipad for my wife and it 26 hours to fully charge.This was not the first charge it was the second.Is there a Fast charge/Slow charge setting? If not should i return it?
  • Model: MP2F2LL/A

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are no charge settings and 26 hours sounds excessive. Could there be a problem with your electricity supply?

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No I charged my cell phone in the same socket.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad would have been partially charged when you received it, so the first charge would would be affected by that, but how long did that take?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which adapter did you use? If you didn't take the one that came with the iPad, but the iPhone's adapter, that would explain why this needed 26 hours.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

The iPad requires considerably more power than the iPhone to charge. If you did not do so, make sure you use the power supply that came with the iPad. Neither the iPhone's charger, or the the USB port of most laptops supply enoughy power to charge an iPad in a resonable amount of time.

A USB port/charger for the iPad should supply at least 10 Watts (2A at 5V aproximately).

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Always use the charging cord and power block that came with the iPad it is the best way to charge.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Always use the charging cord and power block that came with the iPad it is the best way to charge.
The 10.5” and 12.9” iPad Pro models are USB C compatible and can be used with the optional 29W USB C charger for faster charging speeds. USB C also allows for much faster data transfer speeds between the iPad Pro and a MacBook or MacBook Pro with USB C ports.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The 10.5” and 12.9” iPad Pro models are USB C compatible and can be used with the optional 29W USB C charger for faster charging speeds. USB C also allows for much faster data transfer speeds between the iPad Pro and a MacBook or MacBook Pro with USB C ports.

I'm using the lighting to USB C and the MacBook charger, 29W, it is about 50% faster at charging than the 12W that comes with the iPad. Just another thought, sometimes I do not reach or maintain 100% charge especially after a system update or an unknown app update. By doing a soft reset, I seem to go to complete fast charging. Sometimes an app will get stuck in a loop and keep running. Best practice is to swipe up all open apps then do the soft reset. It's also,good practice to periodically just do a soft reset.

Most reactions

Latest posts