What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Air Ordered

rollerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered my iPad Air 128mb, Verizon. Will pick up later today at Bridgeport Station in Tualitan, OR. Now if I can get to sleep.

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just finished ordering my 64 gig Air for pick up in Delaware- worth the hour drive for tax free shopping on big items- went for the silver/white. I was hoping the gold tone would have been available . Looked good on the iPhone. back to bed too

Forest007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered Verizon 32gb space grey at 2:01am. Could have waited until 6:00am this morning my normal wake-up time because it was still available to order for pickup...oh well I wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway for fear that the store in my area wouldn't have what I wanted...:eek:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I, too, got up at 12:00 am PST to order my iPad Air (only 12:01 PST was actually 3:00 am my time! :)). I already received my notice that it's ready for me to pickup, along with my Product Red cover.

I'll go get it at the mall in about another hour or two. I want to wait until the rest of the stores in the mall are open - got to see if I can find me some shoes! :)

Very easy process, too. My iPhone's alarm goes off, I open the Apple store app, pick out the iPad and the cover, elect in-store pickup and buy it. Took about 5 minutes and I was laying back down to finish the night's sleep.

Modern technology at its finest! :D

Marilyn

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered my WiFi+LTE 128 GB at 0302 EDT when the Apple Store came on-line. Picked it up at Pentagon City Mall at shortly after 0900. Was out of the store in 12 minutes.

Unleashed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
they have now slipped from 5-10 working days not only the 128gb wifi plus LTe model :S still have not bought mine yet, but it looks like it has so much more screen real estate which is a huge plus side

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Like others, I got up at 0250 on Friday morning having practiced on the store.apple.com webpage earlier in the evening. The store went live at 0302 (sted 0301 as promised!), by 0306 i had spent about $1,000 on a 128 GB, WiFi, AT&T, Silver and Black iPad Air. That included about 60 seconds of trying to decide whether to get the free engraving and whether that would mean I couldn't pick up my iPad later that day.

By the time I got up and checked at about 0730 I had a message saying it was ready for pick-up. After doing some actual work, I drove to the Pentagon City (Arlington, VA) store and got there at about 0915. There were two places to line-up: 1 for pre-orders, and one for drop-ins. Neither had anyone waiting. I was greeted by a ... greeter, who said someone would be with me shortly. Shortly and woman - hearing impaired, signaled to me that I should follow her. Between hand signals (to show her my ID) and typing on her ipad (would I like help setting up my new device?) We worked through the process.

With all of that I was out of the store by about 0915.

Wonder if there's some new government program that could use Apple's help in how to serve their customers?

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 128 Gig Verizon will be delivered at work tomorrow. Didnt want to risk not being at home to sign for it.

Most reactions