What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iOS 9.3 Build Released to Fix Activation Problems for Older Devices

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad Air.JPG

iMore reports that Apple has just released a new build of its iOS 9.3 update after the original version was found to have been causing activation problems on older devices. The new build is 13E236, and is only for older devices, so if you managed to install the initial update on your newer device without any problems, then there’s no need for you to download this update.

Yesterday Apple moved to pause the initial update after some owners of older devices such as the iPhone 5s and earlier and iPad Air and earlier reported that they were having problems activating their phones after they had installed iOS 9.3. The issues emerged when users were required to enter their Apple ID and password that they had initially used to set up their device during the update process. Some users who were unable to remember that original password found that the iPhone or iPad would be inactive unless they could recover or reset their password. The newly released updated version of iOS 9.3 ensures that this process is no longer necessary.

Sources: Apple issues new build of iOS 9.3 for older devices that fixes activation issues

Apple pausing iOS 9.3 updates for older devices, working on activation fix

Pit bull puppy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my purchased my iPad 2 last Thursday March 31, connected it to my Mac mini desktop and let it set up my iPad as a new iPad. It installed iOS 9.3 without a problem and then in about 40 minutes updated itself to iOS 9.3.1 without any problems and it is working like a charm.... Really unbelievable how much smoother the iPad is compared to my android tablet.

Most reactions

Latest posts