What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Releases iOS 9.0.1 With Tons of Bug Fixes

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iOS 9.0.1.JPG

Good news for those of us who have been waiting for Apple to patch a variety of bugs that have arisen in iOS 9 with today’s release of iOS 9.0.1. The 35.0 MB update is now available to all iOS 9 users as an over-the-air update.

The minor update fixes the widely reported issue that stopped some users from completing setup assistant after updating, as well as the issue that meant that alarms and timers failed to play, the issue in Safari and Photos where pausing video could make the paused frame seem distorted, and finally, the issue where some users with a custom APN setup via a profile were losing cellular data.

As MacRumors notes, this is a very minor, but much-needed update to iOS 9, which was released on September 16. The first major update to iOS 9 will be iOS 9.1, which is set to include new emoji, as well as settings to help adapt “Hey Siri” activation to an individual’s voice.

Source: Apple Releases iOS 9.0.1 With Multiple Bug Fixes

Mikel Bones

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Good news for those of us who have been waiting for Apple to patch a variety of bugs that have arisen in iOS 9 with today’s release of iOS 9.0.1. The 35.0 MB update is now available to all iOS 9 users as an over-the-air update.

The minor update fixes the widely reported issue that stopped some users from completing setup assistant after updating, as well as the issue that meant that alarms and timers failed to play, the issue in Safari and Photos where pausing video could make the paused frame seem distorted, and finally, the issue where some users with a custom APN setup via a profile were losing cellular data.

As MacRumors notes, this is a very minor, but much-needed update to iOS 9, which was released on September 16. The first major update to iOS 9 will be iOS 9.1, which is set to include new emoji, as well as settings to help adapt “Hey Siri” activation to an individual’s voice.

Source: Apple Releases iOS 9.0.1 With Multiple Bug Fixes
I loaded iOS 9.0.1 the day it came out in my iPad2. It had been completely unusable. Now everything works but Safari. It still has page problems and reloads. It can't deal with this forum. Since Safari is such a critical app, I think we need another update!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I loaded iOS 9.0.1 the day it came out in my iPad2. It had been completely unusable. Now everything works but Safari. It still has page problems and reloads. It can't deal with this forum. Since Safari is such a critical app, I think we need another update!
iOS 9.0.2 was released on the 27th of September. Have you tried downloading it?

Mikel Bones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found 9.0.2 and loaded it to this iPhone. I will load it to the iPad next. I didn't see a connection between the fix descriptions and the problem we're having, but I really hope it solves our issues. We miss the iPad very much! It's our favorite gadget!

Mikel Bones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 9.0.2 didn't help at all. Safari is non functional. Many other app just die. I'm so surprised that a new release could destroy an iPad so thoroughly! It doesn't seem right that I should be forced to buy a new one because Apple didn't warn me not to load it!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many people use iOS 9.0.2 without the problems you're experiencing.

Make sure there's a recent backup, then connect your device to iTunes on a computer and restore it.

Mikel Bones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many people use iOS 9.0.2 without the problems you're experiencing.

Make sure there's a recent backup, then connect your device to iTunes on a computer and restore it.
I did that. Still the same problems. Is it possible that my iPad doesn't have enough memory to run IOS 9?

Mikel Bones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That shouldn't be the reason for your problem.
No progress so far. Should I take it to an Apple Store to see if they can fix it? Or, can I go back to IOS 8? How could I do that? Thank you for being so responsive!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can certainly take your iPad in for a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store. Genius Bar appointments are free and if your problem is software related, the fix is usually free as well. Make sure to back up your iPad before taking it in for the appointment. If your iPad is restored, the backup can be used to set it up again.
In regards to going back to iOS 8, it can't be done. You can't restore to any iOS version that Apple is no longer signing and Apple is currently signing only iOS 9.0.2.

Most reactions

Latest posts