What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New! Cant turn on ipad????

kygal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, tech folks....be easy on me....I'm new to the ipad. Here's my problem. I turn my ipad on and have it plugged into my laptop, but the only thing that pops up on my screen is the itunes logo in the middle of the page that shows a cable that is supposed to be plugged into the ipad. I can't even get to the home page. Can anyone help me?:confused:

lloydkuhnle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydkuhnle.com
Can't turn on iPad

Okay, tech folks....be easy on me....I'm new to the ipad. Here's my problem. I turn my ipad on and have it plugged into my laptop, but the only thing that pops up on my screen is the itunes logo in the middle of the page that shows a cable that is supposed to be plugged into the ipad. I can't even get to the home page. Can anyone help me?:confused:
Press, and hold the power button for about 5 seconds. It should then turn on.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats on the iPad!

Make sure of the following:

iTunes automatically launches upon plugging in the ipad to the computer's USB.

If this not occurring, the computer isn't recognizing the iPad For the following possible reasons:

iTunes is not installed on the computer. Install latest version of iTunes.
The USB port on the computer is bad. Try using a different USB port.
The computer's operating system is outdated. Make sure you're running at least Windows xP or OSX 10.5 or higher.
The 30pin connector to USB is bad. Try another 30 pin to USB cable if you've got one.
The iPad's 30 pin bottom connector is bad. Bring it into the store you purchased it from to verify.

If none of the above works, bring it into an Apple store, where you will get a personal set up for free, regardless of where it was purchased.

Most reactions