What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 3G iPad says "No Service"

joepemberton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been using an iPad 3G since March. Love it. Just got another one to give as a gift. It's an open box deal from Best Buy, so I know someone must have had it configured and using it at some point.

However, now that I've restored it, and reset everything it is saying "No Service" when I try to create a new cellular data plan. I know AT&T has service, since my own iPad 3G is working on the 3G data network.

Another anomaly, the new iPad iOS 3.2.2, has an APN settings option, under network preferences that is not present on my iOS 4.2 iPad 3G. Its set to "broadband" as other iPad forums suggest is correct for AT&T.

Help?

mwmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to set one up for my mom today and had the same problem. Try turning Airplane Mode on and then off again under Settings. For some reason, this worked on hers. Suddenly it found the 3G network when I turned it off.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
089a4799.png

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just your account info. Most people use a paperclip to eject it. I would guess just like the AT&T iPhone4 they assume you don't need in there and don't send a sim tool with it.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as taking it out, our company gives us new BlackBerries every other year or so and all we have to do is take the SIM card out of our old one and put it in our new one and we have the same phone number and everything else that ties the phone to us.

If you ever got a new iPad 3g (repair or upgrade), you could take out your current SIM card and just put it in your new one.

OP
J

joepemberton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved.

Turns out I had to first get on a WiFi network to create a 3G plan for it. Stupid if you ask me, the hardware and software are already in place.

Also, after updating to iOS 4.2 the APN setting option disappeared.

OP
J

joepemberton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PS - I don't like how this forum says I'm an iPad Noob. I'm a noob to iPadForums.com but not to the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts