What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

netowork monitor

Nickmobile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,

are there any apps like wireshark

for the ipad ?

i basically wanna monitor/watch whos connected to my network and

the amount of traffic is going through their devices

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The closest thing I've found so far is IP Scanner, you can grab the light version to see what it does. It's pretty limited.

There is also zScan, which has lots of features that never show me anything useful. Though it's just as likely that I just don't know how to use them properly.

Let me know if your search turn up anything better.

Last edited:
OP
N

Nickmobile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zscan and ipscan are kinda half way there for me, another good 1 i found is

Subnetinsight

u can name your networks, it remembers your location for that network, wan history,

users etc..

but just needs that little extra of showing me whos using what in the network traffic

ill keep looking

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll check it out. I run a small WiFi spot for my RV park, so it would be nice to see how many people are on and their traffic load when things get bogged down.

Of course I can do this on the computer, but it would be nice to have a portable tool.

T

TJK

What kind of router do you have? I can login to my router and get that kind of info from the admin page through safari on my iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's a Netgear something or other, small business model anyway. And you are right, it is possible to get most of that data. It's just a pain. Besides, I lost my password for it. Going to have to reset it eventually and start over. :(

I'm already one firmware update behind.

Most reactions