What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need to respring after power on

ert6ic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and good evening all, had my Ipad 64gb 3g for 2 months, jailbroke by using 'spirit', everything works fine until yesterday, installed 'fring' in Itune and 'mywi' from sinfuliphonerepo, 3-4hours later, my Ipad acting weired,
1) turn ipad power back on, screen appears

the red circle area won't sense my finger at all.
2) after type in passcodes

my wallpaper disappear, just black in background, also my 'contact' icon and 'maps' icon become totally white sqare box.
3) about two inches above from home bottom, screen won't detect my finger movements, also if small window pops out in the center of the screen "ok" or "cancel", either one i press, won't responds at all, have to press home bottom.
4) but when i press on respring bottom from:

the screen goes off with "restart springboad", then things back to normal, sense correctly when my finger on the screen, but cannot fully power off, has to off in sleep mode, otherwise need to respring again and again in order to get it fiction right:confused:. Any experts know what should i do?????:confused: please help, thanks in advance:)

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
This is normal

The jailbreak apps were made for iPhone not iPad. After installing certain apps this will happen after every reboot and you will just have to respring the springboard. At this point its no something that can be fixed short of a full restore.

Also notice you should be able to pull up sbsettings and respring before entering your passcode at the lock screen. And dont spend any time organizing your apps because once you reboot and it goes into the ipod mod, ipod mode only has 4 X 4 icons on each page and it will scatter all your apps to different pages.

Last edited:
OP
E

ert6ic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for reply, you meant full restore from itune or spirit?

OP
E

ert6ic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is normal

The jailbreak apps were made for iPhone not iPad. After installing certain apps this will happen after every reboot and you will just have to respring the springboard. At this point its no something that can be fixed short of a full restore.

Also notice you should be able to pull up sbsettings and respring before entering your passcode at the lock screen. And dont spend any time organizing your apps because once you reboot and it goes into the ipod mod, ipod mode only has 4 X 4 icons on each page and it will scatter all your apps to different pages.

@mike, you are absolutly right, it is pain in the neck for me to respring every time, if i want to full restore, should i do it in itune or spirit?

BluAzn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.williamcheung.net
Better restoring your iPad to factory settings, this removes all the existing data (music/apps/vids etc) and jailbreak from your iDevice. When you jailbreak your iDevice, make sure you do a little research before installing 3rd party apps. Not all apps on Cydia works with iPad.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Better restoring your iPad to factory settings, this removes all the existing data (music/apps/vids etc) and jailbreak from your iDevice. When you jailbreak your iDevice, make sure you do a little research before installing 3rd party apps. Not all apps on Cydia works with iPad.

Its pretty much something you have to live with if you jailbreak. one of the best and widely used jailbreak apps SBSettings will cause this after being installed.

tahask

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem

Its pretty much something you have to live with if you jailbreak. one of the best and widely used jailbreak apps SBSettings will cause this after being installed.

Hi i am having same problems with my ipad3...any solutions it's very annoying to respring all the time after reboot n further all icons/folders are unorganized..

Please help

Most reactions

Latest posts